Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

New owner - few questions?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
alinton

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
New owner - few questions?

Hi all, took delivery (finally) of a Bonatti Grey TDV6 on Friday. Mine (and the other 2 my company bought) is a commercial version.
Here in Ireland there are particular advantages in having a commercial version of a 4x4;
What does 'commercial' mean? Well it actually means the factory delivers an S version to Rosslare in Ireland where a load of bodgers tear out the rear seats, fit a crappy steel box in the seat void to make it level with the rear cargo area, fit the cheapest rubbish carpet they can find to it, and finally paint the inside of the rear door windows and rear glass with black paint and fit a sheet of aluminium over the inside.

Criminal, but hey, welcome to Ireland!

It also means there are certain options we're not allowed to get. Like uprated stereo for example.

I'll be fitting an aftermarket sat nav, but I'm wondering where to take the power from and how to mount it.
It looks like the centre pod where the sat nav goes is all part of the full top dash - is this true? Do they really fit a completely different dash with sat nav?

Is there anywhere useful to get power from?

Another question: The radio seems to have a screened audio cable going into it, I guess for the AUX input. But where does that cable go? I have no aux input jack behind the centre console, and the cable doesn't seem to be in there.

Thanks for any advice, sorry for the long post!

Andy.

Post #412626th Feb 2006 3:33 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

I use a TomTom GO300 and it fits perfectly into the opening with no need for any mounts. For the power I removed the centre trim (just pulls off) and ran the power cable inside the dash as there's loads of room, then plugged it into one of the 2 outlets. Looks really neat and no trailing wires!! Your question about the AUX input has been raised a few times, like you my D3 has no AUX jack and I assume the wires run down the loom to a connector somewhere, others have cut these 2 wires and soldered in a cable attached to a 3.5mm socket which then allows an ipod etc to be connected, see here http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5950#5950.
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #412666th Feb 2006 4:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
al cope

England 

There is an AUX input behind the drivers side footwell panel, is this is where the factory/dealer fit DVD unit plugs its audio into. Use the LR GTR site, and download the DVD fitting instructions. You'll see it on there.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #412776th Feb 2006 5:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CFB

United Kingdom 

Has anyone got a copy of these instructions that they could email me please?
Post #415748th Feb 2006 12:32 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Andy, they're free from http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com
 The End  
Post #415758th Feb 2006 12:35 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

Got it thanks, just connected my ipod up in 30mins, dead easy!

Will post a new topic to clear this up once and for all!
Post #415888th Feb 2006 1:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >