Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

BAS Remap Interface Forum Discount Offer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 18 <123 ... 161718>
RMB

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

PM Sent.

Post #3969015th Jan 2009 4:43 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

RMB wrote:
PM Sent.

Ive sent reply m8.

regards Pete

Post #3969115th Jan 2009 4:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Japseroony

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Hi All,

I dont get onto this site very much but thought it worthwhile posting this.

I have now covered some 3000 miles (only got 12500 on the clock) in my RRS TDV8 with the switchable re-map and no problems at all that I can think of other than I need to stop pressing my right foot down as much

Power up, torque up, grin factor up and the same if not a slight increase in fuel economy.

I have the same system on my Defender TDCi and have covered some 7000 miles with again no problems.

As Pete says the system is switchable and takes no more than 5 mins to go from "extra power" to standard using the tool that Pete provides so no dealer problems as long as you remember to switch it back prior to taking it to them

One of the main benefits is the smoother power delivery and increase in actual "useable power" that Pete offers when re-mapping your vehicle. Pete is very coy about the actual increase in power/torque as its not all about the BIG figures but more about the drivability of the vehicle.

In the past I had a TD5 Disco with a stage 2 re-map form JE Fearn. Stage 1 was done first and the overall gain was good and smooth, but when stage 2 was done there was no increase until you reached something like 2500 RPM and then you got a kick in the back. Driving the vehicle really was not a pleasant experience as by the time the extra power kicked in you did not need it etc.

Pete has made several comments in the past about this and is willing to do a re-map with huge BHP/torque increases but will tell you that the vehicle will be a real PIG to drive and not a good experience.

Its all about the drivability of the vehicle and geting the most from it without compromise on the actual expreience/pleasure of the drive

Russell.
 "UNDERSTEER" ---is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" -is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" ------------is how far you take the fence with you. 

Post #3969345th Jan 2009 5:31 pm
bellautos

The orders made last night and this morning have gone out, you will recive the interfaces tomorrow.

one of the orders placed late on today/this afternoon will go out tomorrow for wednesday delivery by UPS.

Regards and thanks Pete

PS Thanks russ for the post you made with your findings on its use and economy with your cars.

Post #3971665th Jan 2009 11:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Quick review as mine arrived today.

Professional looking box with large LCD screen, software install was pretty easy (when you plug the USB lead in tell windows to look into c:\bas for the driver when windows prompts you).

Hooked up to the D3 and pulled my engine map out which I then emailed to Pete.

It also displayed a bunch of DTC fault codes (thanks to 10fourcash for decoding them!).

Pete emailed back the tuned map, loaded it into the box using the supplied USB lead.

Connect back up to the D3 and upload the map.

Started up and did a quick test drive Thumbs Up Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

What the MAP has actually done is enabled the other 6 cylinders as she now goes like a scalded cat from 1900rpm! My D3 now has a powerband much like a bike!

VERY pleased with the upgrade come the summer I can see towing the tent will be much less effort, quick service from Pete and Bellauto's, would recommend 100%

thanks Pete

Pom

Post #3975016th Jan 2009 6:44 pm
bellautos

pom thanks for your review ,you beat me to it with your fault code list tho lol,
i was planning to post this link at the very end of the thread when it was finished.

Here is the i link i mention to a web site with any fault codes tht may show and there basic descriptions.

http://www.troublecodes.net/OBD2

Regards Pete

Post #3975486th Jan 2009 7:52 pm
IKke

Netherlands 

Pom if I remember correctly you're driving on bio-diesel (B100), does this effect the remap in anyway?

Post #3981497th Jan 2009 5:13 pm
pom

Not made any bio for some months now, winter is a PITA for bio as it gels up sooner than dino also the costs of dino have come down a lot and veg has gone up.

Pom

Post #3981567th Jan 2009 5:26 pm
IKke

Netherlands 

Off Topic When you were using bio, did you experience any cons about using bio? Like leaking seals or anything else.

IKke

Post #3981637th Jan 2009 5:33 pm
pom

bio will not effect your seals unless its not made properly and methanol is left in it. You can be sure if you see cloudy bio it has meth still in it.

pom

Post #3981657th Jan 2009 5:36 pm
lee157

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Are all the 5 units sold now???

Very Very tempted!

Lee

Post #3985048th Jan 2009 3:49 am
bellautos

Hi lee

I can still supply if you are intrested.

Give me a PM email or ring.

Regards Pete

Post #3985278th Jan 2009 9:36 am
Bushwanderer

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi Pete,
I've been told that European-based remaps are unsuitable for Oz cars due to different diesel specs.

Would you care to comment?

TIA,
Peter
 The Bearded Dragon  
Post #3991559th Jan 2009 12:04 am
bellautos

Bushwanderer wrote:
Hi Pete,
I've been told that European-based remaps are unsuitable for Oz cars due to different diesel specs.

Would you care to comment?

TIA,
Peter

A valid question. And to a certain extent correct BUT only in theory.

When i tune yours or any other car i will ONLY tune the car based on its original software.
The software is modified in a specific way to enhance its performance.
But fuel quality and Cetaine values are always a concern with lower grade fuels,and are taken into consideration when tuning the file.

But what you must remember is i would have used your original mapping/tune that is already installed on your car from the factory.
So in reality it won’t be a "European-based remap" it will be an Oz map because the mapping used as a base standard was from an Oz spec car.

I hope that makes sense.

Regards Pete

Post #3991739th Jan 2009 12:30 am
marcon

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi all,just to let anybody interested in getting D3 tuned that I received mapping upgrade from Pete (Bell Autos)and am amazed at the difference it has made(particularly with the auto box)but manual is much improved too.No results on mpg yet,but if it is down a bit I will consider it a fair trade off for gain in performance.

Customer service is excellent even at 10.30 pm Embarassed

Anyway a big Thumbs Up on this product from me and thanks Pete for your help. Very Happy

Post #42017611th Feb 2009 9:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 18 <123 ... 161718>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >