Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Disco tunes in Germany
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
espri

Austria 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
Disco tunes in Germany

The Disco3 gets a couple of mentions in the current (Feb 2006) issue of the German magazine 4wheelFun.

There is a complete article about the D3 as tuned by Matzker, a company in Cologne. Matzker is an authorised LR service company and they also tune Defenders. Their web site (in German), www.matzker.de , gives pretty full details (if anyone wants anything translated, let me know). Summarised in brief, they offer (all prices plus installation, I think):

Performance increase (33PS + 60Nm) €1685 (ca. £1150)
Is this in any way related to the offers in the UK, e.g. Turbochip or JE?
They say they use an extra computer for the motor control (with optional disabling switch). Is this the JE/Turbochip approach too?

Speed unlimiter (to 210 km/h) €885 (ca. £600)

Electronic handling + off-road kit €1585 (ca. £1080)
As what they write about this seems quite interesting, I'll translate a bit here:
"The D3/RRS has a variable height air suspension system with 3 positions. The lowest position is for loading and is designed for speeds up to 35 km/h. There is no springing in this position. The standard (road) position is 50 mm higher. This is designed for road use at all speeds. The Offroad suspension height is another 55 mm higher. In this position there is a further reserve of 70 mm, not controllable by the driver but automatically made available, if the car bottoms out."
The Matzker kit is a "CAN BUS proccessor, with which the vehicle can be lowered 23 mm when in 'Road' position or raised by 26 mm when in 'Offroad' mode, controlled manually by switch."
They claim this gives better handling + less wind-resistance on road and allows you to set a greater ground clearance in advance off-road, rather than waiting for the car to touch ground first. They also say that the 'Road' position can be raised for rough tracks, for speeds up to 100 km/h (as opposed to the 50 km/h in the standard 'Offroad' position).

High performance brake system €1345 (ca. 915)
360 mm discs, 30 mm thick; requires at least 19" wheels

There is also a brief mention of body tuning in stainless steel from Schiessler Edelstahl (from Teising in Bavaria, not that far from me). The web site (in German), www.schiessler-edelstahl.de , contains plenty of photos.

Their bumpers and grills don't appeal to me much but I am investigating their side steps, in the hope that they might not be quite as wide as the LR variety.

Eric

Post #4029731st Jan 2006 10:53 pm
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Eric

They are supplying 'plug in' boxes that alter fuelling
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #403061st Feb 2006 12:02 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

The control of the offroad height is interesting, I would imagine from previous posts our Aussie cousins might be particularly interested in being able to keep off road height to a higher speed when driving on sand. Although in the UK the use might be a bit limited Laughing
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #403221st Feb 2006 9:05 am
espri

Turbochip,

How does your system work? Is it an update of the software in the standard motor control computer? If so, what happens when LR upgrade the software? Is there a detailed description of how it functions, e.g. on your web site?

Eric

Post #404071st Feb 2006 9:58 pm
espri

Re: Disco tunes in Germany

espri wrote:
I am investigating their side steps, in the hope that they might not be quite as wide as the LR variety.

I spoke with the company on the phone today and was told that their side steps are 210 mm wide (including a 76 mm steel tube). Does anyone know (or can measure) how wide the standard LR side steps are?

It's only of theoretical interest to me now, however, for the LR rock sliders I had ordered have already been delivered. I learned about this alternative too late.

Eric

Post #404612nd Feb 2006 1:47 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >