Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Less bongs on the 08? Or back to the dealer?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
NoDo$h

Ukraine 
Less bongs on the 08? Or back to the dealer?

Frost, low fuel and low washer fluid all used to greet me with a "bong" in my 06, as did keys in ignition, lights on and the dreaded seatbelt. On my 08 I still get keys and lights, have turned off the seatbelt, but don't get bongs for fuel, washer fluid or frost. I still get the messages on the infocenter, but wondered if this is common to all 08s or has my "bong" pack got a problem?
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no. 

Last edited by NoDo$h on 6th Dec 2008 11:30 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #3842716th Dec 2008 11:13 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Normal, been like that from 07MY

And it's 'infocentre' you septic wannabe! Laughing

Post #3842726th Dec 2008 11:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

eeep! Yankdom! Embarassed

I'll be developing a liking for weak, tasteless, gassy beer and invading places I've never heard of next Rolling Eyes

Cheers Iain Thumbs Up
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #3842746th Dec 2008 11:20 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Hang on, in what world is leaving your lights on more dangerous than frost? Someone in Solihull must have been having an off-day when they decided that one Evil or Very Mad
Post #3842756th Dec 2008 11:21 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Shetland look out!!! Shocked

Post #3842766th Dec 2008 11:22 pm
flinty99

England 

I agree the lack of some bongs is very annoying. What kind of savings are LR making by eliminating them?

Post #3842866th Dec 2008 11:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

The lack of 'audible output' is a direct result of customer focus groups whining about the amount of distracting output from the D3's instrument pack Thud Personally I think it's an improvement, but I do wonder how we all managed back in the early 2000's without these 'reminders' and 'advisories'..... it's a wonder the human race survived at all without someone/thing reminding us about every possible detremental external or internal influence & safety device Rolling Eyes

Post #3843047th Dec 2008 12:04 am
10forcash

NoDo$h wrote:
Hang on, in what world is leaving your lights on more dangerous than frost? Someone in Solihull must have been having an off-day when they decided that one Evil or Very Mad
frost won't flatten the D3's battery, leaving your lights on will....  
Post #3843067th Dec 2008 12:06 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Don't get me wrong, I find them all annoying. I just don't see how a "convenience" bong stays when a safety one goes.

Oh hang on, customer feedback from Doris on the schoolrun who's a bit ditsy and has never seen the countryside, far less driven on an icy rural road. Rolling Eyes
Post #3843087th Dec 2008 12:08 am
Renny

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4

10forcash wrote:
The lack of 'audible output' is a direct result of customer focus groups whining about the amount of distracting output from the D3's instrument pack Thud Personally I think it's an improvement, but I do wonder how we all managed back in the early 2000's without these 'reminders' and 'advisories'..... it's a wonder the human race survived at all without someone/thing reminding us about every possible detremental external or internal influence & safety device Rolling Eyes

Yes, I'm sure I used to look at the road to see if it was glistening, not press the accelerator pedal all the way when it was slippery, look for droplets of water on the windscreen to know it was time to put the wipers on, leave a gap between me and the car in front, not assume ABS would prevent a skid, decide when to switch lights on/off, plan a route before I set off etc.

Now for many a vehicle is just somewhere else to listen to music, make phone calls, daydream, whilst moving from A to B. They think it requires no concentration or significant input from themselves, then wonder why there are so many poor drivers around them Rolling Eyes

(Rant over)
 Renny Thomson
aka Scottish Scrutineer or MM0KOZ
MSA Scrutineer 

Post #3844087th Dec 2008 12:12 pm
Hassle

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Renny, how true

Post #3845137th Dec 2008 7:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: