Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

repeated breakdowns with new Discovery 3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I'd miss mine too !

And I believe Steve Croply (Autocar) is missing his too after his got trashed on the transporter crash on the M1 recently... on its way back from Iceland (was all over the car mags).

Survived one of the harshest places on earth... then died on the M1, go figure eh ?

-s

Post #3965727th Jan 2006 10:57 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

jeff wrote:
Sounds daft but I would really miss it.
no it doesn't... over 800 miles in 3 days, a pleasure to drive and I felt disappointed I didn't live farther away when we got home
driven lots of different stuff in the past, I just know my next vehicle will be another Disco3 (or 4 Wink )

Post #3965827th Jan 2006 11:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

10forcash wrote:
I just know my next vehicle will be another Disco3 (or 4 Wink )

Feel the same mate... and 4 D3's next time round ? What you doing 800 miles away ? Something a bit dodgy I suspect to earn that sort of cash Wink

Post #3967327th Jan 2006 11:47 pm
10forcash

der.... Disco3 does Disney of course Wink hardly any DF's brought back and definitely nothing that HMCE would be interested in Whistle

Post #3967427th Jan 2006 11:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

I'm sure it was all completely innocent...

By the way, where is Brian these last few days ?

Stuck in a sty somewhere Wink

Post #3967627th Jan 2006 11:51 pm
10forcash

probably trying to translate the manual and has only just realised the chassis is the one used in the wermacht staff car Rolling Eyes
still, at least he'll have room for a V2 in the boot ....and a good towing strop (he'll need it if he ventures beyond tesco's carpark)

Post #3967927th Jan 2006 11:57 pm
tristan hole

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Thanks for all your comments.
Today I booked the car in for a 'patch' and was told that quite a few diesel users like me had suffered problems so it could just be a fault associated with diesels
 Tristan Hole  
Post #4025731st Jan 2006 5:07 pm
nobbyclark

I too have a diesel auto and have also had issues, although not resulting in having to slow down. My gearbox was telling me I was in 'D', when in fact it was in 'N'. It would also slip into 'N' when negotiating tight right-hand corners. The fix was to change between 'D' and 'N', and back again, but obviously not ideal, especially when trying to turn corners. So I booked the car into the local dealer, who put in the latest software and adjusted the gear linkages and I have had no repeat problems, so far.
 No longer a D3 owner but still subscribed to multiple threads!  
Post #4026131st Jan 2006 6:05 pm
Wine-expert

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
Disco3 TDV6 Power Loss & Cannes

I have a 6 month old D3 HSE TDV6 which I purchased new from the LR dealer in Cannes. I've just experienced an almost total power loss after start up, which did not resolve on restart. Strange because I had this once before when I was in freezing temperatures in the mountains, and this latest episode was in similar conditions today. It was first thing in the morning (temp about -2deg) and the engine started okay, and idle was okay, but after selecting drive and depressing the accelerator pedal the engine failed to respond. Eventually after re-starting and waiting a few minutes the engine became more responsive but still felt like it was operating at very reduced power for a several miles.

I wondered if it was a diesel waxing issue, I think the fuel is supposed to be heated before entering the injector and if so maybe the heating component in in-operative? I guess I'd better get the "software patch" installed.

I can understand Tristran's frustration with ABC in Cannes. I find their sales department great, but their after sales is not so hot. Previously I had a RR 4.6 HSE that went back to them loads of times with faulty climate control that they were never able to fix. I sold the car!

Post #457795th Mar 2006 9:28 pm
paul

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I have to say we are a little disappointed with our D3. Albeit that we have only had it 2 months and my wife has clocked up 600 miles we were hoping for a few breakdowns!
Coming from a new shape BMW 530D estate and in 2 years losing it through home sickness to the dealer on no less than 10 occasions and over 35 days we were banking on never having to clean the D3 Razz
I only twice had to clean the 5 series as the dealer was always very good with the sponge, but it has to be said (sorry Rydale) you were not the best with the vac!
On Sunday I looked out the window and the realization dawned that I may have to clean it unless something goes wrong real soon as its looking a bit the worse for wear.
I can only say that I feel let down by the posters on this forum who wrongly led me to believe that the Discovery was going to be in and out the dealers no end.
I feel all those on here should start digging deep and helping me out with the £7 cost of the hand car wash around the corner unless matters start to improve for the better in the very distant future.
Can I demand my money back? Shocked

Post #462497th Mar 2006 10:33 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Ner Ner Wink

Glad your D3's going well for you Paul
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #462527th Mar 2006 10:58 pm
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Talking to a customer of mine, who I helped talk in to buying a D3 & theres has broken down 26 times since august!!! The dealer has dad it longer than they have since they bought it!
But then had mine nearly a year with out any real problems! Embarassed
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #463278th Mar 2006 9:00 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >