Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

IPOD, stereo, and DVD player questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
macburns

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3
IPOD, stereo, and DVD player questions

I am getting delivery of my new LR3 in about a week and I have a few questions regarding the stereo and the accessory DVD player.

Mine has the six disc cd stereo (non logic 7) and I have heard it can play MP3 cds, but can it play MP3 dvd's? (just curious)

My main concern is if anyone knows if dension or any other company is coming out with a FULL ipod integration kit (not that kenwood thing), but one where it charges the ipod, and the radio/steering wheel controls can be used to change songs, etc. I ALREADY SEARCHED THE FORUM and have not found much info on a dension kit. I already have an ICELINK for my 03 explorer and I really like it.

My last question is if the land rover accessory dvd player is worth it, does it have inputs for another source (video game, etc), can it play through the stereo and therefore be played through the rear headphone jacks? If not, how many wireless headphones can it support.

Sorry I'm bombarding you guys with questions, I'm just very EXCITED to finally get my LR3 and take it wheeling here in the Rockies.

Thank you,
Mac

Post #3918425th Jan 2006 8:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I've been told (but I think a lot of people don't believe them from past experience!) is that the nav-tv people have something due Mid March - see text from email below.

This article also relates to the product that they have developed.

http://www.twice.com/article/CA6260480.html

Maybe something - or maybe a red herring.

The other option is a new alpine unit which is called a alpine mobile vehicle hub pro which comes with a seperate joystick type thing for a car which can output a video signal to the display and then you can get a display interface form the nav-tv people to link it all up, but I think it would cost about a £1000 all told, and wouldn't use the steering wheel controls.

I'm gonna wait a few months as I think something will turn up fairly soon as this type of solution is needed in quite a few cars now and once they crack it for one , they will do so for a lot.

Paul,

there will be full touch screen and steering wheel controls. we already have an early protoype working.
The device will work on SDARS ( sat. radio ) emulation mode, so if you already have sat radio you know excactly how it will work.

no prices yet ;( but it should cost under $700 installed for the end user.

Best Regards,

Moni Melman, COO
NAV-TV Corp.
100 NW 11th street
Boca Raton, FL 33432

Tel. (561) 955-9770
Fax. (561) 955-9760

web: www.nav-tv.com
email: moni@nav-tv.com
----- Original Message -----
To: Moni Melman
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 3:24 PM
Subject: RE: ipod discovery 3

Hi Moni

Is that likely to be full control through the touch screen and steering wheel controls etc? Any idea of spec or price point relative to your current nav-tv product? Any pictures or anything?

Have been looking at a combination of an alpine unit and your current unit but will hang on if you have something definate appearing - there have been rumours for a lng time!

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 23 January 2006 19:59
To: Paul Sturgeon
Subject: Re: ipod discovery 3

Hi,
The interface should be out mid-march 2006.
Best Regards,

Moni Melman, COO
NAV-TV Corp.
100 NW 11th street
Boca Raton, FL 33432

Tel. (561) 955-9770
Fax. (561) 955-9760

web: www.nav-tv.com
email: moni@nav-tv.com

Post #3919125th Jan 2006 8:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >