Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Instrument Cluster Light
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Wineman

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

There is translation site called Bablefish that should translate the text. They do Russian to English. http://babelfish.altavista.com/ The problem is you need a cyralic font on your computer to even show the russian text in the first place.

I use bablefish alot to tranlate French to English and visa versa, it is pretty accureate.
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
 2017 Disco5 First Edition(On Order)
2013 Disco4 HSE Luxury
2012 Disco4 HSE
2005 Disco03 TDV6 HSE
2002 Disco02 TD5 ES
1987 Defender 90(MOD)
2002 Fendt 180 Tractor
1950 Massey Ferguson Tractor 

Post #213612th Apr 2005 1:37 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Won't let me translate the web page in full only blocks of text 150 words at a time... but here's an interesting snippet from below the image of the DISCO3 doing its high speed cornering...

"Undetachable stabilization system does not make possible for driver Discovery to panel in the turnings. Electronics clearly retains machine in the optimum trajectory, chopping off the supply of fuel and selectively podtormazhivaya of the wheel"

-s

Post #213712th Apr 2005 1:48 pm
Wineman

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

simon wrote:
Won't let me translate the web page in full only blocks of text 150 words at a time... but here's an interesting snippet from below the image of the DISCO3 doing its high speed cornering...

"Undetachable stabilization system does not make possible for driver Discovery to panel in the turnings. Electronics clearly retains machine in the optimum trajectory, chopping off the supply of fuel and selectively podtormazhivaya of the wheel"

-s

Wow sounds technical simon! I like the "optimum trajectory" bit not sure about "chopping off the supply of fuel" and "podtormazhivaya of the wheel". Does it say which vehicle wins?
2013 Disco4 HSE Luxury
2012 Disco4 HSE
2005 Disco03 TDV6 HSE
2002 Disco02 TD5 ES
1987 Defender 90(MOD)
2002 Fendt 180 Tractor

Post #213912th Apr 2005 1:58 pm
simon

I think the Russian phrase "podtormazhivaya of the wheel" refers to highly skilled art of using the click wheel on your iPod whilst driving. Not recommended as can be seen in the photo !

Obviously this driver is a complete iPod amateur Wink

-s

Post #214012th Apr 2005 2:03 pm
simon

I think this means we did... hard to tell as the phrasing is very bizarre.

I think the "Kostya" phrase means... it'll be very expensive to buy but flipping well worth it chaps...

"It is simple the secret of success Disco - in the stability. It failed not one discipline, but where the smog - it won."

So here's to "smog" good on him !

"However, what is obtained? On the sum of marks Land Rover Discovery it went around more dear and more distinguished rivals! It is simple the secret of success Disco - in the stability. It failed not one discipline, but where the smog - it won. Still this is called the successful balance of consumer qualities. Good smoothness of motion, acceptable dynamics, class brakes, acoustic comfort and the staggering capacity. It is similar, For tuaregu It is necessary To be made room. True, in the firm from Gaydona was serious problems with the quality, but it is desirable to believe that the Englishmen to something learned in the time of collaboration with BMW. I if we control of the quality will correspond to the level of the engineering study Disco 3, then in the new extra-road builder will all chances fall into the best-sellers. Is agreeable, Kostya?"

Post #214112th Apr 2005 2:08 pm
Wineman

Laughing Very funny...like it! On the subject of IPODs, I have just bought a 30gig IPOD photo, which after downloading all of my 750cds, I love.

Have every used the ITRIP FM transmitter? If so, how does it compare to a direct link in through the AUX port?
2013 Disco4 HSE Luxury
2012 Disco4 HSE
2005 Disco03 TDV6 HSE
2002 Disco02 TD5 ES
1987 Defender 90(MOD)
2002 Fendt 180 Tractor

Post #214212th Apr 2005 2:09 pm
simon

The iTrip works quite well I hear but is illegal in the UK.

Direct connect is far better and also there are a couple of companies that do cradles that integrate with the audio head unit... I believe Alpine are working on one too.

Glad you like your iPod... its just one of many popular product we produce Wink

-s

Post #214312th Apr 2005 2:16 pm
Wineman

simon wrote:
The iTrip works quite well I hear but is illegal in the UK.

Direct connect is far better and also there are a couple of companies that do cradles that integrate with the audio head unit... I believe Alpine are working on one too.

Glad you like your iPod... its just one of many popular product we produce Wink

-s
Had no idea they were illegal. You can order them online and have them shipped to your UK home! I assume this about broadcasting without a license? All 2meters worth. 2017 Disco5 First Edition(On Order)
2013 Disco4 HSE Luxury
2012 Disco4 HSE
2005 Disco03 TDV6 HSE
2002 Disco02 TD5 ES
1987 Defender 90(MOD)
2002 Fendt 180 Tractor

Post #214712th Apr 2005 2:30 pm
Pelyma

England 

What about BN if he does trips out to Siberia???
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #215212th Apr 2005 3:21 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Maybe, in the spirit of glasnost, from now on we should refer to Land Rover as "The Firm from Gaydona"

Is agreeable, Kostya?

Post #215712th Apr 2005 4:28 pm
simon

Agreeable comrade !

Yeah the iTrip I believe contravenes the wireless and telegraph act or something... just in case you happen to pick the same FM channel as some one else a few metres away in the traffic Wink

Could be fun though especially if you record some fake news stories etc Wink

A rolling DISCO3 radio station !

-s

Post #216112th Apr 2005 4:41 pm
Big Al

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

If that's all our police have to worry about, even if they could pick up the low power transmissions from an iTrip, then something is sorely wrong.

Ooops, what am I talking about we live in a nanny state, very soon now we shall all have to hire at great government expense an approaved red flag waver who will walk in front of our vehicles, which are incased in 1m thick cotton wool, so not to hurt any numbskull who walks in front of our vehicles.
"When I were a lad", and bear in mind I'm only 34, we had a concept called the "green cross code man", aka Darth Vader in Green spandex, who told us kiddies that it hurts and we will be killed if we wander into the road. Now with the advert of the do-gooder brigade and european human rights etc... it is perfectly legal, and on the pedestrians side to run into traffic and expect them to stop. I drove in Belguim, and was amazed that I didn't run any of the lemmings down, it's that bad. Bring back good old traditional values, and instill the fear of god into pedestrians that it isn't a good idea to walk infront of traffic else they will be killed, and should also be prosecuted also, or their family.

As you can see I'm a caring type of person, but the lunatics in a charge of the governments here and in the European Union, so alas the nanny state.

You can see this a hobby horse of mine!! Smile

Post #216412th Apr 2005 4:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

And I bet that just like me you rant and rave at the TV whenever Newsnight is on and the pollyticians are speaking in tongues on the news !

Wink

Post #216512th Apr 2005 4:56 pm
Big Al

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

It is the season for the politicians to lie through their teeth, with the government elections on the 5th of May. Why we truct these people is beyond me as they more than any other person on street have fewer morals, but will appear to be oh so moralistic until caught then repent and then offend again.

I have no time for any politician they are all bad, and untrustworthy. It's not so much voting for a party or politician but voting for the least useless, backstabbing party/member!!

I can wait to see the rumoured "pay as you drive" + road fund license + fuel duty, as our government WILL want all 3 taxes!!! and make even more money and spend even less on the roads, all the while driving 2 Jags each!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Post #216612th Apr 2005 5:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

is agreeable... Kostya

... and all of us others too.

Post #216712th Apr 2005 5:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >