Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Extended mode, again.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mwillems

2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3
Extended mode, again.

While I was standing still doing nothing in a car park tonight, my one year old LR3 went into extended mode again. It does this with increasing frequency - at least once a week.

Another suspension error. The dealer says LR Canada has never heard of this problem and has no idea what it might be. Is that so? No-one else with the same issue?

Post #3838321st Jan 2006 4:10 am
roverdawg

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3
Re: Extended mode, again.

mwillems wrote:
While I was standing still doing nothing in a car park tonight, my one year old LR3 went into extended mode again. It does this with increasing frequency - at least once a week.

Another suspension error. The dealer says LR Canada has never heard of this problem and has no idea what it might be. Is that so? No-one else with the same issue?

Sent you a reply on the other forum site. Do a search here as well. There are a few of us who have experienced something similar:

From Orangutan:"...Well it started with suspension going into extended mode on a flat car park, then it gave me some messages about vehicle raising slowly and then it collapsed altogether the next day and looked like someone had pimped my ride!
Land rover assist came out and diagnosed a cross-articulation problem - intermittent and advised that i limp it to my dealer 1st chance and he arranged a hire car. got to dealer after very uncomfortable 9 mile drive with no suspension and was given a ford focus
have called landrover assist 3 times to upgrade this as i do 1k miles a week and they have still not got back to me with any offer. dealer has said that do not know what the fault is yet so will need it for a few more days..."
 2005 LR3 HSE
1998 Disco (sold) 

Post #3838521st Jan 2006 7:53 am
Vo Rogue

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

All I can say is that I hope my vehicle does not do it when being driven under the gate cross beam at home. If it does LR will have a very unhappy customer and will be fixing my brand new Disco 3 because there is enough clearance to drive under normally but not in extended mode.

Post #3838621st Jan 2006 8:13 am
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Before I had my 3rd compressor fitted. mine did this, but only the once. Since latest compressor, all fine.
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #3838721st Jan 2006 8:20 am
mwillems

2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Mmm. I've not seen anything about compressor recalls or tech bulletins. I *have* had a corroded wiring loom (replaced) and a corroded/wet height sensor( replaced). Of course my fear is that this will be impossible to find (intermittent), and that it will become a hard error after teh warranty runs out...

Post #3848922nd Jan 2006 5:45 pm
orangutan

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Update

Got a call today and my car is ready to collect after 12 days in the dealership. Apparently they are sure they have fixed it and have had to take a wiring loom from the factory and fit it - 2 day job alledgedly!

This was after the 1st visit when it was in for 7 days and had 2 height sensors and new software. It then failed 2 miles down the road from the dealership.

LR assist ignored my requests for a like for like swap vehicle despite 3 calls and it was only when i wrote to the GM at the dealer that things started happening. The dealer was superb throughout and gave me an identical spec car until mine was permanently fixed.

So, picking it up tomorrow when it will have been as long with the dealer as in my own hands - 19 days each! If it failes again they know it will be rejected, even though it is ex-demo. If rejected I am afraid that I will go for the refund as I will have lost too much faith in the d3. Sad really as it is a wonderful car when it works!

Anyone know whether fitting a new wiring loom can cause other issues that i should look out for?

Post #3951126th Jan 2006 11:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >