Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Car returned from Dealer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Kevin

United Kingdom 
Car returned from Dealer

My car has been in for the past week. I got it back Friday evening. Had a Disco 3 TDV6 S Auto as coutesy car. Told them I would not give them my car if they could not produce a Disco 3. Last time I had a rolerskate (freelander) thing for a week. Nice to try the D3 auto as mine is a manual. Still think I prefere the manual but good to be able to drive another Disco 3 for comparison to mine.

Lots done! Wink Overall a big Thumbs Up after lots of trouble trying to get things sorted. But unfortumately my dealer manages to spoil the day.Thud Banging Head

New redesigned base and S Model drivers seat base Very Happy
Seat has not sunk yet Confused Seems to give more support at front Very Happy

Tracking was over 2 degrees out now fixed. Car doesnt pull to left any more.

Steering wheel now on straight.

Frayed drivers seatbelt replaced.

New coolant bottle. No more LOW COOLANT messages. Very Happy

HEVAC reconfigured - Heat now comes out of upper vents as well as foot well. Very Happy

Latest software. Car performs much better. Does not hesitate and try to stall when moving off on even the slightest sign of a hill.
It will now pull away without having to usee any revs even on a steep hill. Before I had to use nearly 2000 rpm and then it was pot luck whether it would stall. Very Happy Very Happy

Runs much smother. Fuel economy seems to be 2 mpg better according to computer. (but we will have to give this more time). Very Happy

Preheat timer still in settings menu. Wink

They could not fix the problem with my base Audio locking up when playing CD's. Sad Sad They say it is due to coppied CD's. I know I had one of these in the car but i am not sure if this is the only one that caused the lock up.

At last I thought that my dealer was getting of ther backside and trying to sort out my problems. My impression of them had improved.

I asked them to provide a towbar electrics kit for me to install myself. The service manager phoned me to clarify the situation. The car was delivered back to me (unwashed). The kit was in the car and the driver told me not to worry but to phone in the next few days to arrange paymet. All very good. Very Happy

After the deliver driver had left, I noticed the invoice. They had charged me 1 hours labour at £25 for configuring the tobar in Testbook. They had had the car connected to testbook for a Censored week.

Now I an not one for getting angry BUT I immediately phoned the parts manager, whos name was on the invoice and I well, rather shouted at him.

As it was one minute to six on Friday and they called him to the phone just as he was on the way out of the door I think that I rather spoiled his weekend.

I refused to pay the labour charge and pointed out that it iwas a discrace to even think of charging a costomer for this when it had been agreed that this would be done with the costomer service manager and that the car was already connectet to testbook.

The parts manager did apologise and stated that the invoice just comes out of the computer with the labour charge added. I am not convinced Crying or Very sad You would think that Westover Land Rover would go one step further to try to win me back on their side but I am afraid that they have sadly not convinced me.
 Kevin

BAS TUNE

Faultmate MSV-2 MULTI VEHICLE 

Post #3751815th Jan 2006 2:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: Car returned from Dealer

Kevin wrote:

New redesigned base and S Model drivers seat base Very Happy
Seat has not sunk yet Confused Seems to give more support at front Very Happy

HEVAC reconfigured - Heat now comes out of upper vents as well as foot well. Very Happy

Latest software. Car performs much better. Does not hesitate and try to stall when moving off on even the slightest sign of a hill.
It will now pull away without having to usee any revs even on a steep hill. Before I had to use nearly 2000 rpm and then it was pot luck whether it would stall. Very Happy Very Happy

Runs much smother. Fuel economy seems to be 2 mpg better according to computer. (but we will have to give this more time). Very Happy

This is all very good news ! Thanks for the update Smile

-s

Post #3752815th Jan 2006 9:31 am
BN

England 

LR have actually put a small pad in the front of the seat to lift it a little. Re the tracking, I am informed (reasonably reliably) that nearly all cars are out of track when they leave the factory to about 1 month ago when they realised there was an alighment error. No one had submitted EPQR's so LR did not know?

Post #3754315th Jan 2006 11:38 am
al cope

England 

So is the pad the offical fix, as my car was in dealers Friday for the hardbrake warning light issue, and I already had raised (excuse the pun) this issue prior to Xmas, and nothing was said on Friday?

How soon do I start chasing them?

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #3755415th Jan 2006 3:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

al cope wrote:
So is the pad the offical fix, as my car was in dealers Friday for the hardbrake warning light issue, and I already had raised (excuse the pun) this issue prior to Xmas, and nothing was said on Friday?

How soon do I start chasing them?

Al

That is a good question, because you will have to prove that the seat is not good. However as the mod has apparently been made now, just get a brand new S model and compare to your own seat. If the front edge is higher on the new one, ask for a replacement as it will be obvious a change has been made.

Post #3755715th Jan 2006 3:51 pm
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

BN wrote:
Re the tracking, I am informed (reasonably reliably) that nearly all cars are out of track when they leave the factory to about 1 month ago when they realised there was an alighment error. No one had submitted EPQR's so LR did not know?

Thanks for that BN, very interesting indeed. I am still "discussing" with my dealer whether I should have received a contribution from LR towards a new set of tyres when my first set needed replaced after only 17,000 miles due to uneven wear (the inside edges were worn out). At the time the dealer said that LR wouldn't contribute so I paid full price for the tyres, but the dealer didn't charge for the re-allingnment. Armed with this new information, I feel stronger about arguing that the premature tyre wear is a consequence of bad build so LR should pay up to 50% of the cost of replacing the Wranglers.

Has anyone else already succeded with that argument ?
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #3757515th Jan 2006 6:26 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Smarticus wrote:
BN wrote:
Re the tracking, I am informed (reasonably reliably) that nearly all cars are out of track when they leave the factory to about 1 month ago when they realised there was an alighment error. No one had submitted EPQR's so LR did not know?

Thanks for that BN, very interesting indeed. I am still "discussing" with my dealer whether I should have received a contribution from LR towards a new set of tyres when my first set needed replaced after only 17,000 miles due to uneven wear (the inside edges were worn out). At the time the dealer said that LR wouldn't contribute so I paid full price for the tyres, but the dealer didn't charge for the re-allingnment. Armed with this new information, I feel stronger about arguing that the premature tyre wear is a consequence of bad build so LR should pay up to 50% of the cost of replacing the Wranglers.

Has anyone else already succeded with that argument ?

Had the argument, but did not succeed. However, I got 30000 out my tyres, so it can't be far out. The insides were more worn than the centre , but not much more.

Post #3757815th Jan 2006 6:35 pm
al cope

England 

BN

My car was new on 24th Nov 05, and its definately an 06 model (its got all the bits that are in the 06 spec), so when was the fix applied?

Alan
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #3759015th Jan 2006 7:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >