Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Fitted Sunshades
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 11 <123 ... 678 91011>
DiscoStu

England 

Bought mine on Ebay via a 'Second Chance' on 13th May, paying Jonathon Taylor via PayPal. Haven't heard anything since, despite sending two emails. Will PM Stephen Giles.....
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #5998024th May 2006 5:42 pm
JLMARTIN

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Call them; it´s the only way. Do e-mail too (too all available addresses), but make sure you call.
 JL Martin
2006 TDV6 HSE Tonga Green/Alpaca (used to be LRTuned) 

Post #5999424th May 2006 6:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SuperMan

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

what are these and anyone got a picture of them
 F&M  
Post #6468418th Jun 2006 10:48 pm
eddtheduck

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Look in my gallery - fitting instructions give a good idea of what they look like.
 2008.5 D3 HSE, Stornoway, Ebony
2007 BMW 335iSE - lust for speed satisfied 

Post #6486419th Jun 2006 6:49 pm
Ken

As good as they are there is no answer at OE

Post #6487019th Jun 2006 7:09 pm
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

There is no sign of them on ebay these days either where they used to advertise blinds for several other makes of car.

Did you get yours in the end DiscoStu?

If you are watching this thread Steve Giles, what has happened to your Company? Are you still in business? Will your website ever be finished?
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #6493720th Jun 2006 7:55 am
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
Windowsocks

Have you guys looked at windosocks? I am still waiting for mine, but have seen them in the flesh and they look good. Just slips over the top of the door. As far as I know its a UK product, so you should be able to get better delivery than us in the sticks

http://www.windowsocks.co.uk/

(I am not affiliated in any way to this company)

Post #6494620th Jun 2006 9:23 am
SN

Hmmm - I'd like to see a photo of them on the D3 - I'm not sure of the look having the blinds on the outside and covering the door frame... Confused
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #6495620th Jun 2006 9:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

bird muck could be interesting as well...

Post #6495920th Jun 2006 10:04 am
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

depends on the application I guess. I need something the little 'uns won't pull off the window, but that will keep the sun off them, and allow us to open the window when necessary (eg kids sleeping in the car).

On a dark vehicle like mine it looks fine. Will post pics when (if) I get them

Why are you guys looking for sunshades in the UK anyway? Laughing

(Re: Bird poop) they are washable, so shouldn't be a problem. Normally you get bird poop on the top of the car anyway.

Post #6496320th Jun 2006 10:11 am
SN

Baben wrote:
Why are you guys looking for sunshades in the UK anyway? Laughing
Cheaper than aftermarket tints Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #6498220th Jun 2006 12:18 pm
HarrisonB

England 

This is how they look and they do keep the heat down and the sun off the rear passengers. Alll for £55.

From this

To this

Or even this Wink

D3 gone for now  
Post #6500020th Jun 2006 1:18 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Albourneboy wrote:
Did you get yours in the end DiscoStu?

Yes, I did. Stephen Giles got in contact with me after I pm'd him. He asked me to use his email address at OE, and not to contact him through this site. (sorry, lost the address 'cos my hard disk packed up Evil or Very Mad ). He sorted out my problem and got them dispatched next day.

Very happy with them - great quality, work well and look good. The pads have come unstuck from the rear doors, but only after it was very hot and I had the blinds in place with the windows open. I've stuck them on with glue, now (thanks D.G!).

They could sell these by the bucket load if they could get their act together Confused
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Last edited by DiscoStu on 18th Dec 2009 11:04 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #6505120th Jun 2006 4:07 pm
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

[quote="DiscoStu"]The pads have come unstuck from the rear doors, but only after it was very hot and I had the blinds in place with the windows open. I've stuck them on with glue, now (thanks D.G!). quote]

I'm very happy with mine too but like yours, the pads have come off the rear doors. What glue have you used?
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #6515021st Jun 2006 8:06 am
Stephen Giles

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Dear Members

I have had my attention drawn to the comments on this site and would therefore just like to answer a few points.

Whenever a PM is sent to me I am notified by e-mail.

I have always replied to these and if the customer has then wanted to proceed with placing an order then we have arranged for the parts to be despatched.

Our company is still in existence and growing all the time. We are no longer appearing on e-bay. This was set up by an employee who is no longer with our company and as we have sales outlets in various other forms we are not interested in pursuing things through e-bay, hence the reason it was closed down.

As I stated when I first posted on your forum, this is not a site which I will be frequenting though I do acknowledge what an excellent forum this is

If people are interested in purchasing our sunshades then I have invited them to e-mail me directly at [email protected]

I would ask that anyone who is interested in our product to contact me in this way.

With regards to our website this is still under construction. We had appointed an outside contractor to construct the site for us but due to several problems we then had to appoint someone else. The site is due to be up and live by no later than mid-July, in time for the British Motor Show!

If any of you are visiting the show this year then please do come and see us. We will have a small stand at the show and will be there for the duration of the event. I myself will not be there everyday but our company will be represented.

With regards to the slight problems some of you have had with the clips this is something which we will look into but it's not a problem that we come accross too often.

I would ask that when you are installing the shades you do clean the surface thoroughly first with the wipe provided. Then press on hard with the clips for 10-15 seconds and leave the clips to stand for 30 minutes before installing your shades.

Best Regards to all

Stephen Giles
[email protected]

Post #6518121st Jun 2006 10:39 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 7 of 11 <123 ... 678 91011>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >