Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Air Vents closed on fully auto climate control
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
discodownunder

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Ours seems to blow more from the dash vents and hardly any on feet, but might be set up that way as we get a bit warmer here and we need cool air more!!!!!

Post #363086th Jan 2006 2:08 am
grommet

United States 

That's the logic I thought was normal... A/C uses the front "blow on you" vents more, but when you need heat (like we do now - slightly), it uses the other vents instead.

It's easy to see the behavior: just turn the temperature dial from minimum to maximum.

Post #363146th Jan 2006 7:47 am
Raymond

My D3 works in exactly the same way as my previous Landcruiser ie when heating, all the hot air initially comes from the footwell and gradually balances as the cabin heats and when cooling all the air comes from the front vents. I think this is normal for these systems.

Post #363336th Jan 2006 10:12 am
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Raymond wrote:
My D3 works in exactly the same way as my previous Landcruiser ie when heating, all the hot air initially comes from the footwell and gradually balances as the cabin heats and when cooling all the air comes from the front vents. I think this is normal for these systems.

Same here, the only other car I have had with climate was a Corrolla (the only car I never had to take back to the dealer).
This worked on the same principle as my D3 with hot air initially to the footwells and then eventually balancing out.
Although the D3 footwell vent is quite badly positioned so you get the hot foot syndrome, I would rather have that than hot air coming straight at my face / upper body.
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #363346th Jan 2006 10:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

ok, so maybe mine is right then, and i need to give it a better chance. I'm doing a 60 mile journey tomorrow so that should give it a chance to settle down....

Post #364557th Jan 2006 12:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I think it actually works correctly. Played with the Volvo yesterday while giving it a clean and it works in the same way - no air from dash until everything is well warm, and the same seems true on the disco.

I got warm air in the end from the dash vents also.

Also made use of the rear air con today for the two very soggy , cold, wet kids in the back of the car after a short walk on the downs when they jumped in every puddle going then fell over in it. Two soggy 2 and 4 year olds in the back with rear heat on full whack with fans blowing and they were lovely and warm. Good that theory worked for wanting the rear air con...!

Post #366038th Jan 2006 8:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >