Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Catalogue of woes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Docstone

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Catalogue of woes

Great car...but so much hassle in the last year with software faults.

Day 1 before we left the dealership - air bag warning light - reset the software - not a great first impression, sadly worse only since then.

Day 8 - same problem with the air bag warning light - not a word of apology.

Since then, a whole catalogue of quality issues with the added spice of a headlamp replacement for condensation and near montly software faults and alerts.

Then, about 6 weeks ago the great Suspension Fault saga began. A long way from home with a full car of kids and luggage...bong. Limped home after a pretty hopeless response from LR Assistance (who appear to be outsourced and at war with LR dealers). Fault rectified spontaneously overnight...as we have come to expect. LR dealer less than helpful.

A few days later, the CD decided to refuse to turn off and started spitting discs at us randomly. Left it to its own devices...and it ran the battery down overnight. The assistance chap arrived, broke the emergency access panel, before tutting, recharging the battery and waving goodbye...temporarily. LR dealer again less than helpful, still no sign of a replacement panel (which they would far rather I bought from them and sought a refund from LR Assistance).

Last few days, BONG...the recurrence of the suspension fault, this time without spontaneous rectification. Same chirpy LR assistance guy arrived (we're now friends) and after a long sort through the laptop diagnostics (some amazing fault codes our vehicle seems to have suffered), announced a likley compressor fault...so tomorrow its off to the LR dealer again, instead of a planned cross-country vacation.

LR - this is a 40k+ luxury go-anywhere, 21st Century, tested to destruction, 2.7 tonne car, but your dealers act as if they're selling FIATs from the 1970s. Judging by other authors, a long wait is about to begin to get the car roadworthy again.....I despair. We change cars regularly, I struggle to think why LR shoud have another penny....

Post #356853rd Jan 2006 6:01 am
BN

England 
Re: Catalogue of woes

Hello and welcome. The build quality control is better now, but sadly you are one of many owners, like myself who are LR loyal, but LR (now owned by Ford), do not realise LR is a unique vehicle with many uniquely loyal owners.

I have only ever owned one Ford in my life and it was rejected after two days, it appears I am repeating this with the D3.

Post #356933rd Jan 2006 8:10 am
steveho

United Kingdom 

version 3 of the eas compressors have recently come available (RQG500090 if i remember rightly)-your dealer should do a compressor pressure check to check it's output and then replace it if not pumping the required 15 bar 0f pressure .early compressors were breaking up internally.

Post #365377th Jan 2006 10:10 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

steveho wrote:
version 3 of the eas compressors have recently come available (RQG500090 if i remember rightly)-your dealer should do a compressor pressure check to check it's output and then replace it if not pumping the required 15 bar 0f pressure .early compressors were breaking up internally.

My early car has, as far as I know, not had a replacement compressor yet. It had suspension errors early on, but my dealer told me they fixed it using new wiring, and software upgrades. They did not tell me they had replaced the compressor.

If early compressors are breaking up internally, am I driving a time bomb? I would rather not suffer the breakdown, if it needs changing I would rather it was done before it finally dies.

Post #365407th Jan 2006 10:24 pm
steveho

United Kingdom 

my guess it would have been a certain 'batch' of compressors that there were issues with-i would've thought your 04 disco would have failed by now if there was a problem with it.the compressor is located at the n/s/r of the vehicle in front of the wheel-they can become very noisy when faulty.

Post #365437th Jan 2006 10:35 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Yes I know it sits in front of the left rear wheel, in the black plastic box, it is not noisy, and works perfectly well Razz So I will sleep easy tonight!

Post #365447th Jan 2006 10:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >