Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Door Mirrors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Door Mirrors

I'm getting fed up with constantly having to readjust my door mirrors - I set them where I want them and save the positions in the seat/mirror position memory. After reversing where the mirrors have dipped, they don't return to the position set in the memory.

Apart from not having the mirrors dip on reversing (a feature which I find very useful), anyone else had a similar problem that they've found a solution to?

Post #3398943rd Sep 2008 11:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bluebarchetta

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

It appears to affect a number of people: -

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic22865.html?highlight=mirror

Just had a service and the garage couldn't find anything wrong - although the guy I booked it in with said his did the same Thud

Was there a TSB?

Post #3399154th Sep 2008 6:02 am
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Mine's always had this problem too. There are numerous posts on this forum about this subject and I seem to remember that some folk have had their seat memory modules changed but whether this has effected a permanent cure, I don't know. Personally, I just press 'my' seat memory button and this always seems to reset the mirrors back to where they should be (although pressing the button works only when the car is stationary!)
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #3399754th Sep 2008 11:22 am
AndyViking

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I had a similar problem with the reverse dip setting - I think you have to firstly have a seat memory position programmed for all three buttons (no matter what it is...). You then have to make sure you adjust with the key in position II but not started, then save the new position in "your" memory button (so 1 in this case) then turn off the ignition and that should be it.

Rather tedious, but it seems to hold my reversing mirror dipping at a different level to the standard so may work for yours the other way round?
 D3 - 2008.5MY HSE, Stornaway Grey, RSE etc - all the toys
Grabber AT3s, Smoked Sweeping Side Repeaters
D4 Steering Wheel with BBS boards
IID BT Tool - happy to help with fault codes 

Post #3401554th Sep 2008 9:18 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I had my seat module replaced under warranty to fix the squinty mirror syndrome. The fix worked perfectly for over a year until about 4 weeks ago, when it went all Marty Feldman; often finding positions well outside the range of either normal or reverse positions. After a week of them constantly going off on one after reversing, they magically fixed themselves. Weird.

By the way, if you need to reset the position of the mirrors whilst moving, press and hold the memory number for the set position you want, release it if you want to halt the movement or if you have ploughed into a herd of cyclists whilst squinting at the controls.
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #3401764th Sep 2008 10:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >