DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #405662nd Feb 2006 3:46 pm
al cope

England 
Nav Unit

Steve N

Its an intellinav unit, with a 5.6inch screen I brought off ebay. It also has all it's connections on the back, which makes it fit nicely, and it has external video input, so I can display the DVD picture from the roof screen on the nav display.

Nick - which frequency for the FM mod did you choose. I went for 88.1, but still get slight interference from Radio 2 in built up areas (not outside the city), so I got a 3.5 to 3.5mm cable from Maplin (£2.95), and if there is too much crap, just plug it into the headphone output of the screen, and into the aux socket, and away we go. My kids can use the same cable for ipod, etc.

Alan
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #407933rd Feb 2006 10:09 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Alan I have it set at the same, not had a problem so far but not really used it yet! I have already got a jack that can go in to the aux, but my idea is the kids use head phones which I have plugged in to the unit! The lead goes in to the head liner & comes out at the bottom of the B pillar with 4 sockets for head phones. Was looking at the inferred headphones but they all look to heavy & make the kids ears all sweetly from what I can see, so they will be using there Walkman ones.
I do get a annoying beat coming over the sound which ever way you listen to it, do you suffer from this?
How did you get on with the TV? I have also got a free view box to go with it, but have not fitted it yet!
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #408023rd Feb 2006 10:50 am
al cope

England 

Nick

no, I havn't got any backbeat/background niose. I didn't getthe freeveiw box, just using the standard TV. I had a look at various diversity ariels, plus even trying to use the inglass arials already fitted, but in the end gave up and used the cheap twin pole arial that came with it, mounted by the cup holder by the passenger side glass over in the rear. Its actually not a bad picture when stationary. Not great on the move, but I've not seen any car TV that is.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #408463rd Feb 2006 3:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jollybodger

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi Nick,
Just got round to reading this thread, and may be swept off by the moderators!
Unfortunately only have a SE, wanted t'other boss said no. Have a great time down in La Plagne, if you get time ski over to Montalbert. We are down there from Friday.
Duncan

Post #408673rd Feb 2006 5:47 pm
Nickhearne

We are in the Mark Warner in La Plagne center till Sunday week, will look out for you although needle in a hay stack comes to mined!
Nick
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #408713rd Feb 2006 6:09 pm
jollybodger

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I know what you mean it gets a bit crowded in the bowl, personally I like it over by Emile Allais at Aime Le Plagne

Post #408743rd Feb 2006 6:46 pm
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Nick,
A couple of questions if I may...
What make TV/DVD & where can I get one, how much do they cost etc..

How does it fit? do any additional holes have to be cut, is the wiring already in the headlining (think I found one connector block to LHS of existing hole).

All info & any other tips gratefully received... thanks,

Dave
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #411335th Feb 2006 10:11 pm
al cope

England 

Dave

Mine is a Veiwtech unit, as is Nicks (I think). They are the same as this one on ebay: item number 5862254929, cost £199.

I put mine where the alarm unit is, and relocated the alarm internals into the base of the DVD unit (as do LR in their unit). Nick mounted his where the rear light unit is. If you choose ether of these locations, you can fit these units without having to cut extra holes. You can pick up power, in both cases from the feed to the rear interior light unit. You will need to make up some mounting structure (I used some lightweight aluminium angle), but behind both locations in the roof there is a fair ammount of crossmember metalwork onto which you can attatch your handiwork.

hope that helps.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #416548th Feb 2006 9:45 pm
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Thanks Al, much appreciated.

Dave
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #417019th Feb 2006 12:06 am
Nickhearne

Hi, yep work a treat, I have given mine a permanent feed from the fuse box & also the lights come on then door are open!
Used 2 long wooden batons to hold it up did not have to cut any holes!
It was still working after our crash the other day!
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #4265116th Feb 2006 2:16 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Eh? Shocked what crash Surprised metal or software? Laughing

Post #4265316th Feb 2006 2:19 pm
Nickhearne

10forcash wrote:
Eh? Shocked what crash Surprised metal or software? Laughing

This tells the tail, so no D3 for me for some time to come!

Land Rover Discovery – Registration GP** JSZ

On Tuesday 14th February 2006 at approximately 4.00 pm French time, we were travelling north on the A20 motorway in France between junctions 20 and 21 when we had the following accident.

We were travelling in the left hand (fast) lane behind a lorry which was in the process of overtaking another lorry in the right hand (slow) lane. We estimate our speed to be between 50 – 60 miles an hour due to the Lorries overtaking. Suddenly the lorry in front of us swerved over to the right to avoid a white Peugeot car which was travelling in the opposite direction down the fast lane of the motorway. Obviously we did not see this car until the lorry had swerved out of the way. We tried to move over but only had time to avoid a head on collision, and the white car proceeded to hit the entire length of the left hand (passenger) side of our vehicle. Fortunately, we avoided hitting the lorry which was on our right hand side. We immediately moved over onto the hard shoulder (emergency lane) and waited for the security people and the French Police. Fortunately, no one in our vehicle was hurt. We were advised by witnesses that the driver of the white car was an old man who was confused and had not realised he was travelling the wrong way down the motorway.

After being removed from the motorway by a tow truck we were advised that our vehicle had sustained considerable damage and would not be able to be driven. We were advised that we would be required to pay for the removal from the motorway which we did, and I enclose a copy of the receipt for reimbursement.

Due to this we had no option but to stay overnight in a local hotel and await assistance on how to get home the following day. We would therefore like the cost of the hotel refunded from the other driver’s insurance company, and I enclose a copy of the receipts for your information.

We understand that Direct Line are repatriating our vehicle, and we used Land Rover Assistance to repatriate ourselves.
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #4266016th Feb 2006 2:43 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Bl00dy hell!
Good reactions there Nick Thumbs Up although I think the combined mass and inertia of a Disco3 would probably have pushed the peugot all the way to the channel before you noticed your new bumper emblem Laughing Laughing
Glad you all got through it unscathed Wink

Post #4266316th Feb 2006 2:52 pm
SN

Holy Sh*t - hope you're all OK - I think if that had happened to us my wife would never get in a car ever again!
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #4266516th Feb 2006 2:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >