Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Africa

Fuel pressure problem cont....................
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Deondef wrote:

Must say after driving your vehicle mine did feel like a vomit comet - LR reckons they can not just replace without doing full diagnostics on them - IOW the computer must say they are f Censored ed and not Deon or Anthony Exclamation

WTF take them over a speed bump like we did .

Post #32494523rd Jul 2008 11:01 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sandlover

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

OK, just got Landi back and all seems very well. After 1 month at the steeler. Apparently LR SA are busy splitting their parts warehouse from Ford in SA which partly accounts for parts delay.

They have replaced fuel tank, pump inside tank, fuel housing, fuel filter (again) and fuel injectors. It also sounds as if the space for the fuel filter is less than that of models earlier than 7A -which is possibly the reason why this is happening. They did indicate that there was a recall on the fuel tank but that was because of 'imploding' (sucking in, not exploding).

I feel much better now but would be very interested in a fuel filter before it reaches the tank as mentioned in the other thread.

Thanks for all the input guys and I'm ready for the Caprivi and Kqwando river in two weeks.

Post #32503023rd Jul 2008 2:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AP Moller

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
My favourite spot

Sandlover (you have to be in Nam), good luck with the D3 Thumbs Up
i hope you are going to check out Nambwa in the Susuwe area, where else? Nkasa Rupara. Water levels should be down by now.
slightly Mr. Green

Post #32503423rd Jul 2008 2:58 pm
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

heine wrote:
Deondef wrote:

Must say after driving your vehicle mine did feel like a vomit comet - LR reckons they can not just replace without doing full diagnostics on them - IOW the computer must say they are f Censored ed and not Deon or Anthony Exclamation

WTF take them over a speed bump like we did .

yeah - once they bump their heads they listen pretty well, don't you Nico/Stephen??? Rolling with laughter come on, I know you guys lurk here all the time. How about you get a user name and get involved? Maybe you can sponsor some dyno days or offroad stuff?

Post #32503523rd Jul 2008 2:59 pm
Sandlover

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Yep, doing a Tiger fishing trip (not me fishing, I'm drinking) from Rundu (Hausembe) to Katima (Kalizo Fishing Lodge) and Kwando. We will be doing the Susuwe Triangle - first time for me - and Namushasha. I'm also hiring an Echo trailer so I'm dying to see how that will pan out (I need to reason to convince the SWMBO).

Although I'm a Capetonian, Namibia has been my home for the past five years and I hope it will continue to be so.

Christian Faure

Post #32504023rd Jul 2008 3:13 pm
Deondef

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Feedback

D3 back from Sandton LR. Service done and ALL OTHER PROBLEMS ATTENDED TO BY MEANS OF
Quote:
SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS
. Yes even the wondering suspension Exclamation

Cut out put down to (partialy) blocked fuel filter again Yawn The old filter actualy weighs more than a new one once all diesel has been removed Exclamation I still cannot believe that 30L of suspect fuel can cause this Exclamation

I will test vehicle thoroughly in the next couple of weeks. If it happens again the fuel tank will be removed and cleaned - apparently a very sh Censored t job. I will in any event change filters between services - ie every 12k km's.

The wondering suspension was blamed on faulty DSC and fixed by ...................... wait for it .....................
software download Whistle I am not convinced that the problem has been solved - can only feel slight improvement. Where can I take the vehicle for an independant shock/suspension test Question

I do now know what I am taking with me on my next trip in place of holiday kit, other spares and toolbox ----
1x software/IT fundi plus heaps of software and laptop - any volunteers Question

Before Heine and Baben apply - please note successful canditates must not drink, smoke or use foul language and will be accommodated in trailer or roofrack Rolling with laughter

Erstwhile - D3 S '07. Dual battery system. Upgraded tow hitch. Mantec skid plate. Frontrunner rr. Tmax double headed built in compressor

Defender TD5 110 CSW '00. "With everything" 

Post #32527224th Jul 2008 8:54 am
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3
Re: Feedback

Deondef wrote:

The wondering suspension was blamed on faulty DSC and fixed by ...................... wait for it .....................
software download Whistle I am not convinced that the problem has been solved - can only feel slight improvement. Where can I take the vehicle for an independant shock/suspension test Question

Before Heine and Baben apply - please note successful canditates must not drink, smoke or use foul language and will be accommodated in trailer or roofrack Rolling with laughter

[/b]

Suspension Solutions - somewhere in your neck of the woods

and thanks for the character referance - will use you if i ever end up in court Shocked

Post #32536324th Jul 2008 1:14 pm
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

....aw gee, I was getting all shivery in antici.........pation

How the Censored do you fix a wobbly suspension with software? there is no damping at all in your vehicle. maybe they snuck in a couple of electronic dampers that they stole off Beemer down the road?

Post #32546124th Jul 2008 7:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >