Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Africa

Fuel pressure problem cont....................
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Deondef

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Fuel pressure problem cont....................

Back from vacation in Cape. Problem with cutting out and going into limp mode on my D3 TDV6 S is back ! Exclamation

While scanning to posts saw that it seems to be same problem experienced by Sandlover and AP Moller as well. Same symptoms and message

Vehicle is due for a service (46odd k) and had Sandton LR do diagnostics yesterday. Spit out 6 pages ! listing all the occasions when it happened - almost 10 times.

Most common occurance is when vehicle has been traveling for quite a while under normal conditions- ie 120km/h at just over 2000rpm and extra power is required when overtaking - as soon as revs hit 4000rpm it goes into limp mode. Although on return leg when we left overnight accommodation outside Colesberg temp was -4deg and engine would go into limp mode at 2000rpm. Had to travel at very low speed for almost 1 hour before I could get revs up.

Service manager suggests diesel filter again Whistle and/or faulty pump Crying or Very sad .

What is worrying is that diagnostics also show too high temp of rear diff and some other suspension faults Big Cry Big Cry

Will go in for service and whatever needs to be fixed on 22nd .

And I keep hearing these voices in my head -
Quote:
unreliable, will not last 100 000 km without problems, too many electronics, can't fix in bush, mechanics not fully trained , .................

Still well chilled after great 2 weeks to get to worked up at present Yawn
 Erstwhile - D3 S '07. Dual battery system. Upgraded tow hitch. Mantec skid plate. Frontrunner rr. Tmax double headed built in compressor

Defender TD5 110 CSW '00. "With everything" 

Post #32205115th Jul 2008 10:28 am
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

For the sake of my mental health , I'm going to ignore this post Big Cry

Post #32205215th Jul 2008 10:42 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sandlover

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Deondef

That's exactly what happened when I had to replace the fuel pump (and not covered by warranty). It is very concerning all the problems that relate to diesel that are coming out. Remember, I have had:

fuel pump replaced, fuel filter at my own request (every 12 000 kms), fuel injector, fuel tank and another pump inside the fuel tank.

I thought I had an exit strategy to revert to a Defender but it appears as if they have similar issues with diesel. Are the Poms not aware that we drive Landies in Africa?

The LC 70 is looking very attractive...

By the way. I'm still waiting after 4 weeks for my vehicle. Not a happy chappy.

Post #32206615th Jul 2008 11:32 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Deondef

[
Quote:
had to replace the fuel pump (and not covered by warranty).

Is this under extended warranty or original one ? If it is under original then I will throw toys that you can't believe.

BTW I am now (again) eyeing the Patrol - pitty about its fuel consumption
 Erstwhile - D3 S '07. Dual battery system. Upgraded tow hitch. Mantec skid plate. Frontrunner rr. Tmax double headed built in compressor

Post #32241616th Jul 2008 7:27 am
heine

Quote:
BTW I am now (again) eyeing the Patrol - pitty about its fuel consumption

Wash your mouth out - surely you meant prado Twisted Evil

Post #32242616th Jul 2008 8:12 am
Deondef

Heine - it will be a sad day (but probably a reliable one) when you see me driving a T_y_t_ Big Cry Big Cry

Post #32242716th Jul 2008 8:17 am
heine

Not sure I'll acknowledge you in public - but let's see how I feel after my Zambian trip Neutral

Post #32242916th Jul 2008 8:18 am
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Strange that the fuel pump isnt covered by warranty? I don't believe that you should accept this, TBH. When I had the same problem, LR Midrand sorted it out with no questions or hassles. Whether you are you in original warranty or not should not be an issue.
I also don't fully believe that they can blame diesel quality - the filters are there for a reason and they probly do their job, so how are they gonna prove to you that the diesel was the culprit, and what are you as a consumer supposed to do about it? Naturally you are never (not ever Smile) gonna fill up from unmarked drums in the middle of Kaokoland, but surely you can't test the diesel at every retail outlet?
Either the vehicle is Africa proof or not - kinda like the Tyredog isn't Sad

Post #32243216th Jul 2008 8:24 am
heine

Baben wrote:
Either the vehicle is Africa proof or not - kinda like the Tyredog isn't Sad

What was the outcome with Tyredog

Post #32243416th Jul 2008 8:27 am
heine

For Deon Whistle

http://www.nissan.co.za/Q208_yesyoucan_patrol.asp

Post #32395821st Jul 2008 9:09 am
Deondef

Thanks Heine

Depending on the outcome this afternoon at LR Sandton - I may just follow up Crying or Very sad

Post #32444622nd Jul 2008 11:13 am
heine

I was only joking Shocked but good luck and let us know what they have to say

Post #32444822nd Jul 2008 11:16 am
Jonty

Kenya 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Recently I've been spending most of my time in Tanzania and Kenya where the diesel isn't even low sulpfur, but never had this problem you guys report. Saying that, I do replace all filters every 6000kms.

I also don't beleive all the BMW and Mercedes diesel saloons can have more resilient systems than a LR?

The dealer in Kenya said he only recommends petrol models for the local market but that's irrelevant here.

This is surely a warranty case, if your dealer doesn't play ball, contact LRSA and give them a piece of your mind.

Post #32465722nd Jul 2008 7:19 pm
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Deon, now that you have driven a real D3 (ie. mine) surely you can admit that you have an isolated problem "Friday car"? Laughing

By the way, your shocks are completely and utterly fu Censored ed - they need to be changed before you hurt somebody. Don't your kids get ill in the back of that wagon?

Post #32472222nd Jul 2008 8:46 pm
Deondef

Baben - doesn't seem that my problem is so isolated anymore - 3 others on this forum has a similar problem and when I booked in the D3 yesterday another was there for the same reason - BTW anyone know a "mr Moolman" who drives a silver D3 with BGF tyres fitted ?

Anyway - vehicle is still there as I have added quite a number of other issues/problems - the latest being a jerk felt when slowiing down and just before stopping - autobox going into 1st gear Question

Must say after driving your vehicle mine did feel like a vomit comet - LR reckons they can not just replace without doing full diagnostics on them - IOW the computer must say they are f Censored ed and not Deon or Anthony Exclamation

Post #32488023rd Jul 2008 8:26 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >