Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

My dashboard is leaking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
r1ure

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
My dashboard is leaking

The rubber floor mat in the passenger footwell had a pool of water in it yesterday that was leaking from the underside of the dashboard. Underside of where the lower glove box is.

It is booked into the dealers in the morning for them to check it out, but that look of what are you mad !!! that the've perfected is really starting to get on my nerves.

Anyone here had this before, and able to suggest what the problem might be.
The motors a 55 plate S spec, that's now in serious danger of getting traded in

I've been searching for any previous posts but have not been able to find anything on this.

Post #29838513th May 2008 6:21 pm
Ollram

Greece 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Re: My dashboard is leaking

r1ure wrote:
The rubber floor mat in the passenger footwell had a pool of water in it yesterday that was leaking from the underside of the dashboard. Underside of where the lower glove box is.

It is booked into the dealers in the morning for them to check it out, but that look of what are you mad !!! that the've perfected is really starting to get on my nerves.

Anyone here had this before, and able to suggest what the problem might be.
The motors a 55 plate S spec, that's now in serious danger of getting traded in

I've been searching for any previous posts but have not been able to find anything on this.

well....
1) was it pouring out in Glascow last night? and you had your precious D3 parked on the streets?
2) if answer is NO, might be from the car itself then...but what???? i'd like to hear the answer as welll Question

Post #29839413th May 2008 6:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Snowy

England 

i think it's the air con, i had similar and dealer immediately said it was the air con and was a known problem. it turned out to be a leaking wind screen for me but that might help you....
 The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us yet. 

Last edited by Snowy on 13th May 2008 7:15 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #29839613th May 2008 7:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Snowy

England 

sorry forgot to ask, have you had a windscreen replaced? if so it may be the same problem i had....
 The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us yet.  
Post #29839713th May 2008 7:08 pm
Alex08

Scotland 

Shocked

it NEVER rains in Glasgow! Shocked

What about the sunroof drain tubes issue? Have you a sun roof? If you don't it isn't that!

Post #29839813th May 2008 7:17 pm
r1ure

It was raining in Glasgow, and all the windows were shut so probably not that....
No sun roof (I'm too poor and can't afford such luxuries), so it's not that....
No new windscreen, so it's not that....
I had'nt just washed the car, in fact it's not been done for about eight weeks, so it's not that
No bottled water in glove box leaking out.

Car was not parked on a slope (I dont know why the dealer asked that) !!!!!

Good bet it's the aircon then as Snowy suggests, and I also forgot to mention there was a different noise from behind the dash on the passenger side the usual fan type noise only more sort of clicking as if there was something not right, then the water.

It was dripping out the holes in the underside of the dash and through the screw holes, and tonight the mats are dry.

The dealer will check it out tomorrow and I'll let you know what they suggest

Post #29840913th May 2008 7:48 pm
Apny

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
Air Con on mine

Hi,

I had the same problem, kinked Air Con condensate line quick fix by dealer of course Thumbs Up
 Club - Sicky Milk Smell  
Post #29841013th May 2008 7:49 pm
AVE
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I've not had this problem with the D3 but had a similar issue with my D2... turned out to be the air con as Apny said.
 As you slide down the banister of life
may no splinters point your way

Disco XXV
RRS2 Autobiography Dynamic MY16
Discovery Sport HSE Lux MY17

Evoque HSE Dynamic MY16 (Gone)
RRS2 Autobiography Dynamic MY14 (Lovely car but preferred the Disco!)
Disco 3 Tdv6 HSE MY05 (owned for 11 years and now gone)
Range Rover Sport HSE MY11 (Gone)
Freelander2 SE (Gone but the most reliable car we've ever owned)
Disco 2 V8 (Gone) 

Post #29842113th May 2008 8:33 pm
brombonce

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Glove box water leak

I had the same problem, water on passenger mat, lower glove box hinge soaking wet. Took car to dealers and they fixed it in a morning, its a known fault they said, "the air intake for the heater is below windscreen front scuttle at an angle which is suspect in certain wet conditions. The cure was to glue a piece of stiff plastic above inlet to deflect water". I said your Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter having a joke, but they assured me this is fact.
 How far is it?.Does it matter?.  
Post #29853514th May 2008 2:05 am
r1ure

Today has been a bit of a let down with this.

Dealer had the car all day and have been unable to identify where the water has come from.

They want to have the car taken into a body shop for a week to try and find the cause !!!

The ensuing conversation went along the lines of................

Me.....OK, but I would like a courtesy car while you have mine.

Dealer....."Sorry, we cant do that as you did'nt buy the car from us and the cars going to be away for so long and we would'nt want one of our cars unavailable for that length of time".

Me.....So you're telling me that a warranty repair to be carried out by an approved Land Rover dealer in an approved Land Rover body shop does'nt warrant a courtesy car, and is'nt the whole point of a courtesy car something for customers use.

Dealer.....That's right, maybe if it was for a day or so it would be OK.

I'm sure you'll appreciate I was not in the best of moods after this so I've been in touch with Land Rover customer services to confirm whether this is normal practice and am expecting a call back from them in the morning once they've been in touch with the dealer.

Feeling now that I don't really want them anywhere near the car now. There OK at taking the money for servicing and breaking bits when they've got it in for warranty but the first time you ask them for anything they get all snooty about where the car was bought......... not happy

Post #29894914th May 2008 10:51 pm
B16 KJR

Scotland 

Not Shields by any chance ? If so go somewhere else, anywhere, but not Shields. Trust me.

Post #29913815th May 2008 12:54 pm
r1ure

B16 KJR
You're bang on the money. It's them.
I have deal with them when MG Rover were around, then Mazda and Toyota and have always found them to be OK but Land Rover seem to be a different proposition altogether.

The cars now booked into Taggarts Glasgow 29th and 30th of this month. That's where I got the car from and there attitude is totally different.

Land Rover customer support are worse then useles, in fact I'm still waiting on the call I was promised for Thursday morning, just as well I'm not depending on them. I'll deal with that in my own time though.

The cars not been wet since last Monday so were not overly concerned at the moment.

Cheers.

Post #30095120th May 2008 12:01 am
Snowy

England 

r1ure, have you had the air con running since last monday? has the car been out in the rain since last monday? it sounds similar to the issue i had, where I only had a leak when/after it rained. My problem was after a windscreen change the rubber seal that lays over the bottom of the windscreen on the outside, passenger side had lifted away from the screen. this was replaced and i haven't had a problem since. if you need photos of the item/area let me know and I'll post them, but it shoud be obvious. Thumbs Up
HTH
Post #30095720th May 2008 2:06 am
r1ure

Hi Snowy,
The air con's been on pretty regularly over the last week and there's not been any more sign of water in the footwell.
There's seems to be rain forecast for tonight through to the morning so maybe there will be an indication of whether it's rain getting in, just need to wait and see now.

Otherwise I'll just need to be patient and wait until it's booked into the dealers at the end of next week and see what they turn up.

Cheers.

p.s. Land Rover have still not returned my calls

Post #30221822nd May 2008 11:40 pm
warrior22

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Might be a silly question, but is it still with Land Rover Assist? If so, F*** the dealer off, go outside, phone LR Assist up, tell them whats happened ref the water ingress and that you are very concerned for your safety as the water might short something out whilst you're driving or that it might be from the windscreen and therefore there may be an imminent issue with the windscreen safety, or whatever really. They will book it into your nearest dealer and you get an instant pick of courtesy vehicle for as long as it takes. That's what I did when advised by the dealer that my 'Suspension Fault' couldn't be looked at for three weeks. Yeah, whatever.... Thumbs Up
 Don't be paranoid.........'They' don't like it!!!!!!!
Currently: Land Rover
Previously: Other Land Rovers 

Post #30223023rd May 2008 12:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >