Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

DVD Media Installation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Mufassa

South Africa 
DVD Media Installation

In South Africa Audiovox has teamed up with LD and offer a solution with a bracket manufactured for the D3. Price converted dircetly is approximately 1500 Pounds. Apart from DVD my wife would like TV in the vehicle as well and I have been doing some research work.

Here's the options.

Option1

Install a Alpine unit with 7" slide out screen under the cubbyhole box in the centre console. Mods to be made is remove the to lid attach a square alimunium frame box to the underside that's covered in leather so that it blends in nicely. Use the aux input below the cubbyhole for audio and run a Video cable to the front as per woodman. Passengers can now enjoy their entertainment via this unit and the screen retracts neatly into the player. Just need a TV tuner unit unit.

Option 2
Install a roofmount unit."Alpine motirised unit I do a lot of fibreglass work. So I will make a custom cover, bracket which will retain the aircon unit and lights of the Disco without having to cut and drill into the top material. Separate screen with DVD player in the centre. Add a TV tuner and Whalla

Option3
Next option is to install a roofmount unit such as panasonics with the custom bracket manufactured by myself that retains the air con controlls. I make about anything out of fibreglass. Starts by making a cutom mouls and making a negative of the mould. Custom bracket will be covered with the same material as the roof or Leather., A TV tuner has to be added and whalla

Option4
Last option which makes a bit more sense to me is to get a unit like the Audivox portable DVD TV etc unit. Mount this in a housing, cutomised bracket with quick release and you have the whole solution. Nice thing about this you can take it out and the wife can watch her favourite soapie wherver she is

Any inputs from u guys

Last option is to install

Post #308472nd Dec 2005 12:37 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >