Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Disable Alarm
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Snafu4wd

New Zealand 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 3
Disable Alarm

Is there any way of disabling the alarm? Eg just the car locked with no alarm.

I seemed to have set it to enable the loading space sensors, I think I now have that off, it was 3 flashes, now I have it at two on the red light.

It has gone off two nights for no apparent reason and I am away from home or any LR Dealer to get it looked at.
 1999 Disco 1, 300TDi, Snorkel, ARB Dual Lockers, 9500 Come-Up Winch, Custom Bars & Sliders, Terrafirma +2in Shocks. Silverstone MT-117 33".
2006 Disco 3 , TDV6, Active Rear Diff, ARB Front Locker, KW-Systems Chip, Snorkel, ARB Bullbar, ARB CKMA12 compressor, Kaymar Rear Bar, GOE Armour, GOE Sliders, 12000lb Kingone Winch, LLAMS Height adjustor, Traxide Dual battery w/Optima Yellowtop, GoodYear Road Tyres & Maxxis 275/65R18 Mud Tyres, Ironman Dual Storage Drawer System, GME 3100 UHF 

Post #104052923rd Jan 2013 4:07 am
GlosBoy

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I thought if when u lock it you press the lock button twice that disables the interior alarm

It's what we do when we leave the dogs in car and it seems to work
 D4 HSE - Aintree Green
D4 Orkney my13 - gone
Stornaway D4. Gone, Didn't like it at all
D3 silver manual. Loved my first LR

Post #104060823rd Jan 2013 10:44 am
mallo

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I assume I should also do this when putting the car on the Seacat ferry to stop the alarm going off with the movement?
Or do people just lock the car as normal I don’t want a flat battery when we get to France…….. Thumbs Up

Post #104067123rd Jan 2013 12:07 pm
Kim M

United Kingdom 2008 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol HSE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

Had this happen to me last year, alarm going off, waking to a dead battery; after some faffing around I located it to the bonnet release catch sensor.

Mine is LHD and the sensor is on the RH side of the car. It's located underneath the catch and a real easy swap out, it seems to be a frequent occurance by what the suppliers said, cost's abouot a tenner in hte UK.

In the interim, waiting for shipping, I disconnected the plug and placed a paperclip in situ to make the circuit - job done!

Hope that helps.
 Kim
LR3
Bajarack & RTT; AOR LED 4" Aux Lights; A Frame & 7" Spots; Johnson Rods Lift System; BFG AT 265/65/R18; RAI; Traxide Dual Battery System; Rock/Tree Sliders; Some other bits and bobs 

Post #104070923rd Jan 2013 1:26 pm
Snafu4wd

Thanks guys. I did the dbl click and turned off the interior last night and it did not go off so thats a good start. I am camped with about 50 other 4wd's in a confined area so they others were a bit annoyed:-)

Only a couple of days to go, trip video on youtube later (snafu4wd)
 1999 Disco 1, 300TDi, Snorkel, ARB Dual Lockers, 9500 Come-Up Winch, Custom Bars & Sliders, Terrafirma +2in Shocks. Silverstone MT-117 33".
2006 Disco 3 , TDV6, Active Rear Diff, ARB Front Locker, KW-Systems Chip, Snorkel, ARB Bullbar, ARB CKMA12 compressor, Kaymar Rear Bar, GOE Armour, GOE Sliders, 12000lb Kingone Winch, LLAMS Height adjustor, Traxide Dual battery w/Optima Yellowtop, GoodYear Road Tyres & Maxxis 275/65R18 Mud Tyres, Ironman Dual Storage Drawer System, GME 3100 UHF 

Post #104103423rd Jan 2013 8:37 pm
mjom89

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

How many times should the hazard lights flash when you press lock once. Mine flashes 3 times whether I press it once or twice... Also noticed the other day that the fuel cap doesn't lock. Are either of these normal?

Post #104116423rd Jan 2013 11:17 pm
Leesbay

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Had a problem with mine
Eventually turned off interior sensors by double remote press

Turned out to be a small spider in the car dangling from its thread by sensors!
I had taken some tree cuttings to the tip the day before in the boot
Can of creepy crawly killer and fly spray squirted in car and left over night, no more problems!
 ....................................................................................................

If my wife ever sells my stuff for what she thinks I paid for them, you lot are gonna get some bargains! 

Post #104120324th Jan 2013 12:18 am
Snafu4wd

my fuel cap is locked when the car is locked, but unlocked if just key removed.

Maybe the beer in the fridge is trying to get out overnight, I sure hope its not that setting the alarm off.

Anyway turning off interior sensors is working for now, I did consider covering them with tape but 2 clicks of remote within 3 seconds appears to be turning those off each day for now. This then gives two flashes of red light and not 3 when locking for about 4 or 5 times then one flash.

Lock then hit lock twice within 3 seconds seems to switch from interior on to interior off or visa versa.

As always, Thanks heaps guys

Post #104123224th Jan 2013 5:30 am
DurtyDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3
Alarm has a mind of its own!!

I'm trying the paperclip to bridge the pins trick until the new locking mechanism and switch arrives.

Autel diagnosed a faulty Bonnet switch. Hopefully no more random alarms in the night!!
 G4OC Secretary
N44RT Callsign NH89 

Post #23703313rd Jun 2024 12:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >