Crank Gone... D4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Boblyn

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Gorilla63 wrote:
Nasher wrote:
Gorilla63 wrote:
Could i ask where your car is? What garage?

It's currently sat in my works car park, which is absolutely no use to you as I'm assuming you've quoted the wrong post with your question. Very Happy

My apologies. was working a phone... fat fingers, wrong quote button.

Sorry Gorilla63 for only just getting back, for near the past three months it has been sat outside at the back of the workshops of Kentdale Landrover in Kendal. After you getting a new engine from LR stock I wrote to the garage and as I didn't have either the Service Managers or Dealer Principals details I sent an email to my only contact there and requested my email be forwarded on to them asking why you, not named, could obtain an engine and mine is still sat there waiting, silently rusting and slowly seizing up but as I write this nobody has replied or contacted me. I have even contacted the Landrover Customer Support Centre but what a waste of time they are, I don't know why they bother as all you get is "you will have to contact your dealer" - I thought that was what they were there for - to sort out problems the dealer can't. As I said they are bloody useless and don't want to know, typical JLR. I'm beginning to get quite angry about this situation now.

Post #23728559th Jul 2024 7:52 pm
stephenw46

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I was just reading through your post , I also have LR extended warranty and my D4 recently went into the dealership I informed them that I needed a car that would have a tow bar and capable of towing my 2ton tin hut they sourced me a new 110 defender which I had for almost five weeks whilst the dealership was waiting for the part , I was also told that due to the part taking so long to be delivered to the dealership that JLR had to pick up the hire charges for most of the time I had it , hopefully things will speed up for you or they can give you a vehicle capable of meeting your requirements

Post #237290210th Jul 2024 8:52 am
Gorilla63

United Kingdom 

D4 back with me now. Got it back last week. As one would expect with a new engine, all is running smoothly. Will run it gently for a bit then drop the oil and change the filter. Thanks for your input.

Post #23745194th Aug 2024 10:29 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >