Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Park Brake Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Tim-LR

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 Commercial XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4
Park Brake Fault

I recently purchased a 2010 Discovery. I’ve never had a car with an electric parking brake before, so I’m unsure on what the normal operation should be like.

If I try to use the handbrake switch, either to engage or disengage the brake, I get Park Brake Fault on the screen in the instrument cluster. I think I can hear the motor when doing this sometimes. If I drive off without touching the switch, the brake disengages. When switching off the engine, the brake engages fine automatically. When driving slowly, I can hear what I thought was a stone stuck in the rear brakes, could this actually be to do with the handbrake system?

I’m waiting for my diagnostic scanner to arrive. In the meantime, is there a likely cause of the above symptoms? I’ve tried looking at various threads and forums but not found someone with the same situation yet.

Thanks.

Post #237208929th Jun 2024 12:39 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Likely the hand brake shoes/mechanism need servicing and if you're lucky all should be OK after that.

The rattle you are hearing could be a stone, or as is more likely one of the shoe retaining clips has let go and is being chewed by the rotating drum section of the disc.

There's a service guide in the Wiki section for the brakes on D3&4's which if you follow correctly will help you resolve these issues. Thumbs Up
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #237209829th Jun 2024 3:55 pm
Tim-LR

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 Commercial XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Thanks. I’ve also had the fuel gauge randomly stop working. Further research suggests the two problems may be related, something to do with corroded connections? It is giving error U2002-01 ‘Switch general electrical failure’.

It came from a dealer so I think my first course of action is let someone more experienced with modern Land Rovers than me have a look at it first!

Post #23722091st Jul 2024 8:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >