Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Compressor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
garryc

Australia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Compressor

Well this is car turning into a Land Rover Smile I've had the 'watch spring' and turbo replaced. The suspension warning light came on(amber) and I was told it needed a new compressor. I was booked in and when I arrived, was told about one hourto install. 30 minutes later I was told that it was on "back order" Evil or Very Mad I did some further Land Rover investigation and was told "there are 3 types of compressor; 1: my type which is superseded by type 2. Type 2 is available but being held back by Land Rover(cause unknown) Question There is type 3 which is the latest one. NOW LR is saying to dealers use all of type 2 before issuing type 3, BUT type 2 is not being issued. Is anyone else having compressor problems as well as LR problems like this Question Question
 2013 D4, E-diff, Vision pack

Never propose to a Yak 

Post #2832667th Apr 2008 9:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wopac5

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Hi Garry,
I had the misfortune (lost fortune...the compressor is a $950.oo hit) to replace mine recently.
I don't have the part No. on hand, but rang Barbagellos in Perth, it was a stock! item, and had it landed in Karratha and fitted within 5 days. Excellent service from both Perth and Moxhams here in Karratha.

If you like I can sell you my old one which works perfectly, its just the pressed metal housing that is bent (not available sperately) causing noise when operating. Swap off your filter and motor / bracket case (6 screws and its done) and voila

"Watch Spring"? Please explain.

Post #2832777th Apr 2008 9:55 am
garryc

My compressor is being replaced under warranty Very Happy which ends in about a week. Crying or Very sad My symptom is that it doesn't bring the system up to the required pressure. The 'watch spring' I should have referred to as the 'clock spring' and it is a coiled cable in a housing that fits behind the steering wheel to provide the connections for the airbag, radio and cruise control. It was a common failure on 2005 builds. Mad My current gripe is about parts availability and the "back order" response that seems so common with Land Rover parts. I hope Tata puts a rocket up LR about parts, dealers and customer concerns. It won't be too soon Mad

Never propose to a Yak 

Post #2833027th Apr 2008 11:18 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jamo

Australia 

LR Aust has a policy (like most car manufacturers) of getting rid of old stock first, even if they know it's faulty.

When mine needed replacing in Jan 2006, I made some enquiries and demanded the latest version, which was the third build. I got the third build and two years and a further 90000km later, no probs at all.

Still, I'm surprised that they still have the second build ones there after all this time (or am I?).
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #2833687th Apr 2008 2:02 pm
garryc

Compressor

Well good news. I spoke to LR Customer Care and they followed up on the problem. The dealer rang to tell me that the latest build was here and to book me in. Today LR Customer Care rang me to follow up on the problem and to offer me a free service for the inconvenience experienced. I'm impressed Wink

Never propose to a Yak 

Post #28524511th Apr 2008 10:49 am
garryc

Re: Compressor

garryc wrote:
Well good news. I spoke to LR Customer Care and they followed up on the problem. The dealer rang to tell me that the latest build was here and to book me in. Today LR Customer Care rang me to follow up on the problem and to offer me a free service for the inconvenience experienced. I'm impressed Wink

Just got the letter from Land Rover re 'free' service. Sad Seems like 'consumables' are not part of the 'free' service. Surprised
And to quote a Land Rover manager;
"One of our prime objectives that drives our business is ‘customer satisfaction'. We recognize that the automotive industry has evolved and so have customer expectations and to lead the way is to ensure that we not only deliver good products, but provide added value in terms of service to make the customer's purchasing decision more rewarding."

Tata has a job ahead of it Laughing

Never propose to a Yak 

Post #29163925th Apr 2008 10:18 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >