Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Air suspension and new compressor - thoughts?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Hpal

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Air suspension and new compressor - thoughts?

Hi All,
I've had a bad run with the disco lately, but need some help with air suspension issues. I thought I had a front valve block leaking so replaced it with a new genuine one, but turned out to be both Dunlop bags leaking (only 50,000kms) so replaced them with two new BWI brand ones, now it doesn't drop overnight or at all, very good in that respect now. Then the compressor packed it in and I ordered a new Hitachi and fitted it. I also have a new centre air valve which I have not fitted yet. Now the new compressor is behaving like the old one and doesn't seem to be cutting out when it should, I have also fitted a new genuine compressor relay which is working well too. If you would be so kind as to look at the YouTube video linked, you may be able to give me some clues. In this video I had dropped down to access height and the reservoir pressure was about 165 kpa according to the Gap tool, then I flicked the height switch to go to normal height, the compressor cut in and built up to like 1800kpa then the compressor cut out on high temp (hope it hasn't done damage?)
The gallery pressure general running round was about 300 or 350 kpa which I thought would have been higher. Any height change seems to make the compressor run to 1800kpa then it shuts off and vents or something then the pressure settles in the two hundreds, just doesn't seem like enough and seems weird behaviour and same thing the old compressor was doing. I don't want to stuff this new compressor as it was very expensive. I'd appreciate and pointers if someone has come across similar before.
Should I change the centre reservoir valve for the new one maybe?
Some on the Aussie forum have said that's the way it should operate, and regularly goes out on high temp.
Why would someone design a system that flog the guts out of a compressor to 1800kpa, so much so that it overheats and shuts down, only to vent to 300 or 400 straight away, seems silly!
https://youtube.com/shorts/ultOBv48ADk?feature=share

Post #23210293rd Jan 2023 4:24 am
ekwan

Malaysia 2008 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Scotia GreyLR3

Gallery pressure = tank pressure only when the pump is running (and purposefully filling the tank)

You will hear a hiss at the end of each pumping cycle. This is to reduce gallery pressure so that the pump doesn’t need to work against high pressure when next starting up.

Post #23211624th Jan 2023 12:37 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >