Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

CJB refit, now I have ALL the faults.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Shealesy

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
CJB refit, now I have ALL the faults.

Morning all. Had to do passenger side sun roof drain so CJB had to come out, I got it back in smoothly (on the Nth attempt) and have since rechecked all connections but I have a cacophony of CAN faults so apparently everything didn’t go as smooth as it felt… Battery fully charged overnight and this is what I get this morning.

Pasted below (GAP email feature, best thing ever) with most of the non-relevant and ever-present codes removed (aux heater and microphone input etc, things that have never worked)

Body Control
B1B55-87 (2F) Rain sensor module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
( at 168702 mi )
B1B56-87 (2F) Sliding roof module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
( at 168702 mi )
B1B85-87 (2F) Memory control module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
( at 168702 mi )
B1C77-14 (2F) Rear wiper relay coil circuit - General electrical failure - circuit short to ground or open
( at 168702 mi )
B1D12-15 (2E) Volumetric alarm power circuit - General electrical failure - circuit short to battery or open
( at 168702 mi )
U0155-87 (2C) LCD Gauge Communication Lost - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
( at 168702 mi )

HeadLight
U0001-87 (AF) High speed CAN communication bus - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
( at 168703 mi )

Instrument Pack
U0132-87 (2F) Lost communication with ride level control module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
U0159-87 (2F) Lost communication with parking assist control module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message

Parking Brake
C1A55-64 (EB) Ignition switch input circuit - Algorithm based failure - signal plausibility failure
( at 168703 mi )

Terrain Response
U0132-87 (2F) Lost communication with ride level control module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
( at 168703 mi )

Transfer Case
U0132-86 (2F) Lost communication with ride level control module - Bus signal/message failure - signal is invalid
( at 168703 mi )

Vehicle Dynamic
U0132-87 (0B) Lost communication with ride level control module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
( at 168703 mi )

I’m top of these the dash also reports both passenger doors and boot being open, which they aren’t.

Fairly certain I’ve lost connection to the suspension module as it’s absent from the list and 4x4 screen shows the chassis several feet below the wheel centres. It’s also not self levelling despite the front being on the stops (a known leak) and the rear still being inflated. Fuses both check out ok.

Hoping one of you wizards can point me towards the current connector that will tie in to all these faults, and hoping more so that it isn’t one of the back ones on the CJB!

She did start, however a lot more smokey than usual, could be due to sitting for over a week. Doesn’t happen often.

Cheers!
Shealesy
 D3 HSE - MY05 - Java black
Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer
GAP IIDBT G3
2x Colliewobbles and a Kelpie 

Post #231081413th Oct 2022 10:30 am
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Well If you loosen the cjb. And look up the back with a mirror and torch.
If you can see red between the connector and cjb it’s not in fully

Post #231081613th Oct 2022 10:43 am
Shealesy

Yeah, that’s what I did having seen your previous post on that (previous being sometime in the past, maybe not recent). They’re all in solid.
The front lower blue one (big lever lock, not the wee one underneath) and the top right (orange?) both had a bit of resistance about the lock but nothing that felt like it was breaking force.

Checked all the connections beneath the CJB, 3 small blocks and they all look fine. I can’t see anything that I’ve pulled out or damaged in any way, it was a fairly smooth exit and re-entry each time and I don’t think I’ve done any damage to the CJB. Never dropped, always placed on the dash.

It might be time to burn it. Browsing the for sale just section now…
GAP IIDBT G3

Post #231081913th Oct 2022 10:50 am
Pete K

Does the car start ?

It sounds a little canbus fault like. So any connectors with an obvious set of twisted yellow pair of wires would be worth a look.

And maybe check if any of the fuses have 12v in them ? Give
Confidence it has power

Post #231083813th Oct 2022 12:44 pm
Shealesy

Aye the car starts. Smokes like a chimney, could be due to sitting over a week and need a run, but it does start!

I’ll check for power at my next opportunity Thumbs Up

Shealesy
GAP IIDBT G3

Post #231084913th Oct 2022 1:26 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

If it was all fine before removing the CJB, and you only have these faults since, then you've something that's not been plugged in correctly...
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #231085013th Oct 2022 1:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Shealesy

This is my fear DM, as all the connections appear sound and seated. My next resort, after making sure the CJB is receiving power (assume it has its own big feeder fuse in the engine bay? But thought I’d be missing a lot more if it had gone)) and sending it out everywhere, is to drop it out and see if I’ve bent a pin somewhere.

SWMBO is away to the shop in a minute so I’ll wrap up the bairn, strap him into his seat and furtle away in the footwell until she triggers the boundary camera on the way back Laughing
GAP IIDBT G3

Post #231086413th Oct 2022 2:19 pm
Disco_Mikey

2x 50A fuses in the battery fuse box that protect the CJB (EDIT: FL17 + 18) Thumbs Up

Power fed in on C0585 (the orange one, top right)
C0585 is also the control circuit for rear wiper, sunroof module + memory module, so a good place to start Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

Post #231088013th Oct 2022 3:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Shealesy

Magic! I’ll get to the BJB as soon as this shower passes… Thumbs Up

CJB out and in again, all connections sound. Starts and runs but same faults as before. Did a quick check of other systems while it wasn’t raining. Lights (in and out), radio, AC , wipers all work on command.
No sunroof, locks, windows, mirrors, seats, suspension is as far as I got before having to dive for cover (seat inaccessible due to trim…)

Still raining.

Edit: it stopped! All fuses check out in BJB. Quickly running out of ideas.
GAP IIDBT G3

Post #231088713th Oct 2022 3:33 pm
Disco_Mikey

Front door locks are all fed from C0585
Also front windows + sunroof
Mirrors + seats work through memory module, if fitted, via C0585
As are brake lights, RF receiver for key fob and interior lights (worth checking these work)
 My D3 Build Thread

Post #231089613th Oct 2022 4:42 pm
Shealesy

Thanks again DM Bow down

Sounds like orange top right needs more of my attention. It is certainly the one with the most resistance as I push the lock up, but I’d describe it more as stiff than misaligned.
I’ll get in about that tomorrow morning at the bairns nap time Thumbs Up

At least my sunroof doesn’t leak anymore…. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry
GAP IIDBT G3

Post #231091113th Oct 2022 5:43 pm
Shealesy

C585 pins all fine, seated fine etc.

Was poking about in the GAP to see if there was anything that jumped out and mis-thumbed my way into the suspension height selector menu and it was reporting ignition off when the ignition was most certainly on.
Jumped in to live values and selected anything ignition state related and some reported on, however suspension and BCM reported n/a.

Is there an ignition related relay that could have gone duff for whatever reason? I did pull the bottom right relay (R5) out to afford me an extra few mm of hand space behind the CJB, but it looks entertainment related by the layout on the glovebox.

I’m going to meter a few others while I’ve got time, anything with a key looking symbol, see if I’ve got a burst fuse in the CJB.

Then I might open the CJB Shocked and see what going on in there.

Shealesy
GAP IIDBT G3

Post #231098514th Oct 2022 9:57 am
Shealesy

All fuses on CJB are fine. All have voltage except those lighting related, figure I’m stressing my battery enough without turning the lights on too…

Checked orange connector again, forgot to disconnect the battery… and when I plugged it back in the driver seat “twitched” so I know power is getting across to it.

Can only be a CANbus issue now right? I can see the twisted pair going in on the underside connector, narrow green push fit, but don’t recall seeing a pair on the back connectors and can’t see any on the 3 big front connectors. I thought the CJB had both medium and high speed going through? Or is it only the instrument cluster that sees both?
GAP IIDBT G3

Post #231099414th Oct 2022 11:35 am
Shealesy

I have come to the conclusion that I’ve likely fried the CJB by jumping in too quick and not disconnecting the battery until mid job… The first time… and then again yesterday.

Has anyone used this service or similar? I don’t know the cost yet, I’m going to drop an email and see what the craic is.

https://www.turners-garage.com/land-rover/...ery-3.html

Or I’ll happily take any other suggestions in the meantime, before I bubble and box it and send it on its merry way.

Cheers
Shealesy
GAP IIDBT G3

Post #231111315th Oct 2022 9:14 am
Pete K

I wouldn’t give up all hope.

The fact that the car starts means you are very lucky and most of the important cjb bits are working.

If you were to find a second hand one for example the imboliser in it would be mismatched and the car would not start.
So you aren’t in that bad a place really

Disconnecting the battery over night is good for a reset. Worth a go

Post #231111415th Oct 2022 9:29 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >