Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Sat Nav TMC icons
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
simon.foster

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
Sat Nav TMC icons

I have been using the SATNAV and have expected some voice guidance of roadworks/traffic jams on my the route I have inputed. This doesn't seem to happen even though I have ensured the voice guidance is turned on. Any ideas?
 Disco 3 TDV6HSE Cairns blue auto
Defender 90 300TDi 1997 

Post #2936723rd Nov 2005 9:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

When you get the icons, using the touch screen press on one of them (man digging, black road, umberella) and the info scoll line at the top of the screen tells you what the problem is. You can selcet more detail from here too.

I think you have to be under guidance and the TMC icon is on your route (in your way) for it to voice announce. Can't remember exactly but think the TMC icon top left turns red and it repeats the problem if you press it. Under Dynamic Navigation it will offer you an alternative route or you can manually select how far around the problem you want to detour.
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #2938223rd Nov 2005 9:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon.foster

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Thanks for that, but for some reason even when it is on my route there is no voice guidance at all and the TMC icon remains white!! I went all the way along the M62 today with slow traffic iconds galore and not one gave me voice guidance or a red TMC icon.
 Disco 3 TDV6HSE Cairns blue auto
Defender 90 300TDi 1997 

Post #2940323rd Nov 2005 9:50 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

If this happens all the time I suspect a problem, although the TMC "turning to Red" is not an LR issue, but more to do with the TMC signal and whatever data they transmit over Classic FM I think. S'pose they dont catch everything?

I have done the M62 route many times and the Sat nav is normally pretty accurate. No harm in etting it checked though.
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #2941223rd Nov 2005 9:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >