Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

headlamp Courtesy Delay
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
headlamp Courtesy Delay

Sorry if this has been covered before – I have had a quick search but noting popped up.

Does anybody’s headlamp courtesy delay, using the programmable Land Rover button, work like is says in the manual. I.e., “A short press will cause the headlamps to illuminate for the length of time specified in the settings” [This step works] Laughing

“A second press of the button after three seconds will de-activate the lamps” [This step works] Laughing

“A further press, within three seconds, will activate the reverse lamps” [This step doesn’t work] Crying or Very sad

Making the fourth step; “A further press turns them off” redundant. Confused
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #2933223rd Nov 2005 6:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: headlamp Courtesy Delay

Mossy wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered before – I have had a quick search but noting popped up.

Does anybody’s headlamp courtesy delay, using the programmable Land Rover button, work like is says in the manual. I.e., “A short press will cause the headlamps to illuminate for the length of time specified in the settings” [This step works] Laughing

“A second press of the button after three seconds will de-activate the lamps” [This step works] Laughing

“A further press, within three seconds, will activate the reverse lamps” [This step doesn’t work] Crying or Very sad

mmm must be a new book. don't recall that one apart from the press to turn on and press to turn off. No mention of reversing lights at all. Cool if it did though.

length can be set in the Settings Menu

Post #2936823rd Nov 2005 8:18 pm
Mossy

Page 36 Top left. Dont think it's a new manual as it goes into quite a bit of detail about the Tyre Pressure Monitors and the TPM button next to the DSC button on the dashboad.

You're right it would cool 8) think that's why I wnated it to work....

Ahhh well never mind.
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #2937223rd Nov 2005 8:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

Now I have to go look - damn its gonna be cold out there !

Post #2937523rd Nov 2005 8:26 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

I remember reading about this functionality but it didnt work in my previous 2005 model HSE or my current 2006 model.
 1996 Discovery 1 300TDI ES Biarritz Blue, sold
1999 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Rioja Red, sold
2002 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Buckingham Blue, sold
2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Adriatic Blue, sold
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver, sold
2011 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze, sold
2016 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Lux Nav Twilight Bronze, sold
2020 Range Rover Evoque P250 First Edition, Nolita grey, sold
2023 Range Rover Evoque P300e Autobiography, Carpathian grey 

Post #2937923rd Nov 2005 8:29 pm
Mossy

Was it cold Simon? Laughing

Maybe LR make these things up and hope the technology will one day be available to actually make it work (CF Fuel Burning Heater).

My new manual has a chapter on its ability to fly - am hopeful for 2009.

Rolling with laughter
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #2938423rd Nov 2005 8:35 pm
simon

simon wrote:
Mossy wrote:

mmm must be a new book. don't recall that one apart from the press to turn on and press to turn off. No mention of reversing lights at all. Cool if it did though.

Nope... my manuals p36 describes using the button for the suspension... previous page just says one press for lights and a second to turn them off. Yours must be the new improved manual with additional misleading infos Wink

Post #2939123rd Nov 2005 8:43 pm
BN

England 

simon wrote:
simon wrote:
Mossy wrote:

Nope... my manuals p36 describes using the button for the suspension... previous page just says one press for lights and a second to turn them off. Yours must be the new improved manual with additional misleading infos Wink

Simon, you are becoming such a wagg. Very Happy

Post #2939223rd Nov 2005 8:44 pm
Mossy

Thanks for looking Simon, I feel really special now..... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Does yours carry all the Tyre Pressure Montor information or is that a "My manual Exclusive too?"
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #2939423rd Nov 2005 8:46 pm
simon

BN wrote:
simon wrote:
simon wrote:
Mossy wrote:

Simon, you are becoming such a wagg. Very Happy

you've been so quiet recently I thought I'd try and take over on the geek stuff and go outside to check and help out Wink

Off to the Spa for more wine so posts may become blurred !

Post #2939623rd Nov 2005 8:46 pm
BN

England 

Mossy wrote:
Thanks for looking Simon, I feel really special now..... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Does yours carry all the Tyre Pressure Montor information or is that a "My manual Exclusive too?"

Oh, goodness, don't start him on that as well, you will have him catch pneumonia

Post #2939823rd Nov 2005 8:47 pm
Mossy

Hey guys, dont fight over me... Razz
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #2940023rd Nov 2005 8:48 pm
simon

wag 1 |wag| verb ( wagged , wagging ) (with reference to an animal's tail) move or cause to move rapidly to and fro : [ intrans. ] his tail began to wag | [ trans. ] the dog went out, wagging its tail. • [ trans. ] move (an upward-pointing finger) from side to side to signify a warning or reprimand : she wagged a finger at Elinor. • [ intrans. ] (used of a tongue, jaw, or chin, as representing a person) talk, esp. in order to gossip or spread rumors : this is a small island, and tongues are beginning to wag. noun a single rapid movement from side to side : a chirpy wag of the head. PHRASES how the world wags dated how affairs are going or being conducted. the tail wags the dog see tail 1 . ORIGIN Middle English (as a verb): from the Germanic base of Old English wagian [to sway.]

Post #2940123rd Nov 2005 8:48 pm
BN

England 

simon wrote:
wag 1 |wag| verb ( wagged , wagging ) (with reference to an animal's tail) move or cause to move rapidly to and fro : [ intrans. ] his tail began to wag | [ trans. ] the dog went out, wagging its tail. • [ trans. ] move (an upward-pointing finger) from side to side to signify a warning or reprimand : she wagged a finger at Elinor. • [ intrans. ] (used of a tongue, jaw, or chin, as representing a person) talk, esp. in order to gossip or spread rumors : this is a small island, and tongues are beginning to wag. noun a single rapid movement from side to side : a chirpy wag of the head. PHRASES how the world wags dated how affairs are going or being conducted. the tail wags the dog see tail 1 . ORIGIN Middle English (as a verb): from the Germanic base of Old English wagian [to sway.]

A humourist then Confused

Post #2940223rd Nov 2005 8:49 pm
Mossy

Off Topic

Alert... Fish, blue... boild eggs...

Fuel Burning Heaters

Laughing
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #2940423rd Nov 2005 8:50 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >