DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

General
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Martin Krutli

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
General

Hi All,
For those of you waiting for me to post some pix of drawer systems, batt installs et al - my appologies, I'll get there shortly.

Just back from 5 days in the Pyrenees (Victoria) as a guest of the Toyota Landcruiser club. Great trip, took the camper trailer and averaged just over 12L per Km sitting just over the spead limits. Now the best part.

There were 18 vehicles there, mainly modified 100 and 80 series LC's - and they were all waiting to see the Disco fail (politely of course). Now after it climbed up a rock shelf with barely any fuss, we hit a real gnarly, loose climb - the LC's really struggled, one with a 4in lift almost rolled as the driver got it crossed up and the LH front lifted off the rock and looked like it was going to keep going. It was about 5ft in the air before he took his foot off the gas and let it slide back. Guess what, the Disco climbed over with barely an issue (bit of wheel spin - but just really getting the traction control operating). Not one hesitation all weekend.

At the end of the trip we were all asked to list one learning from the weekend, one of the LC drivers (a club instructor) listed 'I've gained a new-found respect for Disco's). Great weekend, lots of good red and plenty of good yarns around the campfires - all very civilised.

I can tell you that not too many of them were highly complimentary of the 200 series (although they'll probably still buy them).

CHeers,
Martn
 MY08 TDV6 SE. White/Alpaca. BFG265/65/18 At's
Autologic, Trackside Dual Battery syst., Remote GME UHF, 4X4 Intelligence rear wheel carrier, Boab removable rear drawer system w National Luna fridge, Mitchell Bros hitch.
Rasta Plate. 110L LRA long-range fuel tank. 

Post #27716225th Mar 2008 11:59 am
razzle

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Re: General

Martin Krutli wrote:

At the end of the trip we were all asked to list one learning from the weekend, one of the LC drivers (a club instructor) listed 'I've gained a new-found respect for Disco's).

Hope you said “you have learnt to go on a 4wd trip with Disco 3 owners only, you guys slow me down to much” Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I would of loved to see the hill climb and the expression on the Tojo drivers faces when the Disco showed its class.
 Trust me, what could go wrong?  
Post #27717425th Mar 2008 12:25 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Spreading the good news? Thumbs Up

I have spoken to a few folks who have bought the LC200 without test driving even, because they had a 100. Rolling Eyes
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #27717625th Mar 2008 12:30 pm
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Good news story.

Overlander has a comparison between LC200, D3(HSE) and Benz. I haven't read it yet but the D3 HSE was $20K cheaper than the LC and Benz. Toyota have really bumped the price up and as mentioned already so many will go and buy a new LC200 because they had a 100 before - their loss huh?

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #27747125th Mar 2008 11:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >