Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Life after D3?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Rob Bruce

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Maya GoldDiscovery 3

60,000 km , time wise warrenty expires in 5 months, plan to keep it as long as it doesent cost too much to keep it going, also I am in with the rest of you , too much accesorys to replace or moove.
KEEP IT Thumbs Up

Rob

Post #28474310th Apr 2008 3:13 am
Furymax

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Can you guys not get extended warranty ??

I got up to 5 years through Austral Landrover in Brisbane. It was through a thrid party company though I am pretty sure - I'll have a look next time I'm in the car and remember.

Cheers
FURY
 05 V8 SE Java Black 19's and Sunroof  
Post #28474910th Apr 2008 7:03 am
mobyone

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Fury, was it through Allianz?
 What's the point.... it all comes out in the wash anyway!

85 Range Rover
01 Disco Series II
05 D3 V6SE, Bonatti Grey, 19"alloys 

Post #28516311th Apr 2008 12:38 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Craig S

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I‘m keeping the D3 and will be taking up an extended warranty with Allianz. The costs of an upgrade are not justified with only 36000Kms on the clock after 2 1/2 yrs. A downside of the extended warranty is I have to wait a little longer to fit some of the goodies I have in mind. The upside is that it buys a little peace of mind as I may experience warranty type issues after the 3yr period due to my low mileage.

Craig

Post #28516511th Apr 2008 1:55 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DingMark

Iraq 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

I intend to "run it into the ground" - hopefully in about 5 years from excessive remote trips Very Happy. In the past I've generally kept new cars until something fails that costs more to repair than it's worth (hence having a 14 yr old Falcon for leadfoot daughter #1 and a 11 yr old Corolla for featherweight daughter #2). I've done this after doing the sums on the loss at trade-in/extra lease costs vs what a plausible failure looks like. Pity the trade-in-for-something-under-warranty principle can't be applied to the daughters Evil or Very Mad. By my reckoning I'd need to suffer a D3 failure costing about A$10,000 every 18 months to be financially neutral. Hard to think what this failure might look like if it was not accident related (and hence insurable). Even my "Not a Good Failure to Have in the Outback" incident (see that thread) cost much less than that to fix Whistle
 Jim Dowell - D4 HSE TDi, 12,000 hydraulic winch & hidden winch mount, MTRs, TyreDog, Traxide 2 x aux battery system, fixed air compressor, Dolium roof rack, MitchHitch.
RIP 2005 D3 HSE V8 5 seater gold (stolen and torched) 

Post #29312429th Apr 2008 2:30 am
ianv

Australia 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Had mine fro 2yrs/64K planning for 5-7yrs. I keep a manitenance account based on a fleet plan. after 2 yrs it is $9K in credit so I am not planning warranty extensions etc. I have planned a suspension rebuild at 5 yrs, 4 corners and compressor , ball joints and bushings and am going through tryes at a set a year but the vehicle has been very easy to live with and still feels like new.

Bearing in mind it's weight and the amount of off road use I think it is actually cheap to have around.

Hope everybody has as good a time as I am.
 TDV6  
Post #29322629th Apr 2008 11:58 am
Rob Bruce

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Maya GoldDiscovery 3

Same, I intend to keep it a long wile or at least till it becomes too unreliable.
One question , has there been found a good supplier of D3 parts found, it seems there is plenty of good priced parts for D2 and earlier from the USA on the net but nothing much for the D3. A good parts supplier will be vital after a fiew years, eg suspension, steering etc.

Rob

Post #29353530th Apr 2008 6:41 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >