Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

FBH Issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Neil R

FBH Issue

Dear All

several weeks a go i took part in a post delivery survey from a agent for Land Rover, i was told at the end that as the score was low and i clearly had some serious issues someone from LR would be intouch to help.

Well low and behold I have been working out my issues with a chap at LR customer care who has bee working with Technical and my car is booked in the have all my issues fixed...so they say, they have been very helpful but I am told by LR Technical that the FBH will not be able to work with the timer as this is a future feature.

So

Censored

I have been talking to the guys at Wabasto and they say that as soon as LR say they are going to do it they can make a remote control system so i will see if i can get this in writing and see if wabasto can get things working, even though spring summer is approaching.

Does anyone know what impact the FBH has on the precooler ??

R Neil
 2005 Java Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 HS (GONE)
Stormer wheels, SC Grills, Tow pack,PTI,Adaptive lights,Useless coolerbox (GONE)

2010 RRS HSE Santorini/Ivory TDV8 Overfinch'd 

Post #13499th Mar 2005 10:44 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I was told yesterday that all mention of timer settings for the FBH in the user manual are to be removed, and that there will be no FBH settings in the Settings Menu.

The last bit tallies with other information people have gleaned, such as the feature being removed during future software updates.

This raises an interesting question for anyone who has the first version of the handbook, has the options on the Settings Menu and has been able to use the radio trick to make it work. It sounds as though if you get a software update, these options will disappear. Now....I am no lawyer, but I think that LR may be in a very difficult position with anyone who has the partially working system.

Horns of a dilema matter for owners.....and one that it might be worth discussing with a consumer lawyer.

Post #13509th Mar 2005 11:00 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I have just this morning picked my car up, after a general update and sort out. I can say that the FBH settings are still there. They did say that there was no way that the FBH would be available as a timed pre-heater until 2009 model year! When I re-iterated the fact that it will work today, but only if I leave the radio on, they reponded that land Rover have not acknowledged this, and will only say that the feature is not available until 2009 model year.

I am no lawyer, and do not have the time to pursue this any further. I am dissapointed, especially when my hopes were initially raised by a personal contact from with LR CUSTOMER RELATIONS. They asked me to detail how I could make my FBH come on with the radio switched on, and asked me specifically whether I could make the radio stay on all night. I may still get an answer, but I am not hopeful.

I may investigate the possibility of upgrading the heater myself. The car is fitted with a Webasto Thermo Top V heater, which has the ability to be timed (we all know that) Webasto sell some very nice accesories, like the remote timer that you take into the house with you! I may look into the possibility of getting one of these integrated.

If anyone does fancy a legal battle, then I will testify! I have evidence and a case number from LR customer relations, so they cannot deny knowledge of the issue.

Post #13549th Mar 2005 2:15 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Ok, I just read Neils post in full. It does indeed look like LR have made a cock up in the cars lifetime specification planning. I would expect that LR have the future facelifts and update program for the D3 already mapped out fully for the next 3 to 6 years.

A lot of the bought in equipment such as the info-tainment and vehicle electronic systems will be capable of much more than is currently made available. This makes sense for a manufacturer, as it keeps on-going development costs down, and allows common components to be used across model ranges. What the betting on RR Sport having a timed pre-heater???

I reckon that the pre heat/cool option is there from a systems point of view, but it may have not been in the development spec for the initial model. Maybe it is in the dev spec for the first facelift in 2009, and LR are sticking to it.

Its like the old D2, they all had cruise control fitted, it just needed a switch fitting. Also, all leather seated D2's had heating elements and the wiring, they just needed the switches fitting to enable them. The FBH issue maybe was intended to be the same, except someone forgot to put the 'REM' in front of the line of code that says "Pre-Heat ON" in the the Settings menu software!! Very Happy

Post #13759th Mar 2005 10:38 pm
Big Al

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

But if it's coming, hopefully Webasto might be pursuaded to jump the gun and offer an "aftermarket" add on, so that at least those with the FBH come use a remote or something whihc would appease all of us, until LR get off thier Censored and support the functionality.

It may have been an error in releasing the firmware with the FBH preheater and cooler timer settings, but even LR LR offered it at a nominal price most people would jump at the chance. So it's planned for 2009, but since LR are obviously in error it would do the credibilty wonders making it avaialble.

May just wishful thinking Smile

Post #13779th Mar 2005 10:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ecosse

Gareth wrote:

If anyone does fancy a legal battle, then I will testify! I have evidence and a case number from LR customer relations, so they cannot deny knowledge of the issue.

It may happen sooner than you expect! Wink After all, there is a working feature in the car ie the heater timer, just it has faults in it and our warranties oblige LR to remedy any manufacturing defects. Simply to claim that a faulty feature should not really be there won't get them off the hook - otherwise that woudl be a wonderful cop-out for any fault on a vehicle!

Post #138510th Mar 2005 3:05 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

And yet the Workshop Manual in the Customer Settings section (the one you can download by paying LR) very clearly explains how to set and what the FBH does.

Setting of this is available to all TDV6 engines fitted with the FBH.

Funny then that this is to be a 'non-feature' in TDV6 engine vehicles now. Will they update the workshop manual then now too ?

Also quite clearly states that hi-line Message Centre vehicles (all above Entry spec that is) have the blasted Settings Menu I seem to be the only one without Sad

-s

Post #161721st Mar 2005 10:44 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >