Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Nokia 6230i
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
aitchy

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Nokia 6822

Not entirely un related but i am happy with the bluetooth connection on the Nokia, but having upgraded to a Black berry (not my choice, company gadget) i can get it paired but it does not allow me to use the built in microphone/speakers to converse unlike the Nokia...any clues as to what needs to be done? (settings etc)
 TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue and still smiling  
Post #2831517th Nov 2005 1:44 pm
Very Annoyed

England 

Hi

I'm visiting from RRSport.co.uk and this phone system is the bain of my life. I have a 6230 which I leave constantly in the car. The phone hower crashes and freezes all the time. I don't know if the phone is faulty or the LR system. The phone often says SIM card registration failed, which suggests to me the phone is the problem but if I carry the phone out of the cradle this never happens. Other issues are that the phone freezes and I am unable to enter the phonebook. Any suggestions would be most helpful. By the way the software I'm using is a version 4 (not LR approved) because I had another Nokia 6230 phone running on the approved version 5 and guess what it didn't work at all.

Post #2851119th Nov 2005 9:35 am
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!

I need to get a new bluetooth phone, I have a Sony T630 at the moment but find the reception terrible, much worse that my very old Nokia.
I don't have a car kit at the moment but may soon go for the Parrot kit's for my D3 and my van (again advice would be great)
Was looking at the 6230/6230i but obviously have concerns after reading this thread.
Any recommendations would be great, certainly want to get back to Nokia.
Cheers
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #2851419th Nov 2005 10:17 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TC

United Kingdom 

Depends what you are suing it for Cliff - I had strayed from Nokia previously (forced to use a Sony in my last Audi) howver went straight back at earliest opportunity - I personaly believe Nokia's are the most robust of phones.

I have the 6230i - it doesn't work with my HSE (I have given up with the kit and am having my dealer remove it and replace with the Parrot) however the phone in all other area's is excellent - I would have another. To my knowledge the issues are only with the D3 / RR Sport PTI.

If you are re-newing your contract then you should be able to get a cheap upgrade - in which case I would go for one of the Nokia N series phones........check them out http://www.nokia.com/nseries/

The new Nokia Blue Tooth car kit is also a good looking piece of kit......http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,68903,00.html

Post #2856419th Nov 2005 11:18 pm
Echidna

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

With the Nokia 6230 and the PTI cradle I have found that with V4.28 firmware "SIM card registration failed" message are displayed regularly on the handset. Also noticed various handset crashes when connected via the cradle.

With V5.50 firmware the "SIM card registration failed" messages have disappeared and connection between the handset and the PTI system is much improved. However, whilst the dashboard button works to power off the handset, it does not work to power on the handset.

Also the Nokia 6230i does not work with the cradle even when upgraded to the latest V3.50 firmware. Perhaps a later version will address this feature?

So much for interoperability between Nokia kit!
 2005 TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue / Alpaca
2005 TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue / Alpaca (Rejected)
2005 VW Golf SE 

Post #3537930th Dec 2005 10:17 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Strange, that.

My 6230 works in every respect, including powering off and on from the IHU button. The two things that I don't like are that the automatic answer doesn't operate, and there is no bleep when a SMS is received - and the IHU doesn't enable SMS operation in any way (though if you look carefully at the display you will see that it appears prepared for both voicemail and text message icons..........)

Post #3538130th Dec 2005 10:30 pm
Yello

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

ST wrote:

The new Nokia Blue Tooth car kit is also a good looking piece of kit......http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,68903,00.html

Just installed this kit. I wanted to use my 9500 with BT, but found out that I need to have 9500's firmware upgraded as my ancient(?) fw version doesn't support "SIM access" feature Sad

I have now a separate SIM for car kit use and the kit itself is quite nice to use. Might add some pictures of the installation in my gallery. If anyone's interested...
 Disco 3 TDV6 SE Auto
Oh, and the other 4WD: FourX with a Recaro seat Smile 

Post #3538230th Dec 2005 10:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >