Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2004 Tonga Green D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 32 <123 ... 789 ... 303132>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

My phone battery actually died last night after over 500 people messaged me on different platforms about my car Shocked 180 offers now, all hovering around the money I am willing to accept.

However, I have left it as, 1st person with the money to arrive at my doorstep between a certain time this morning and this evening if they come today, takes it Laughing

Otherwise, after chatting with a my trusted garage who think I am nuts, I will be getting the work done and will be keeping it and putting it back on the road.

However the 1st person due today is looking to export the car after repairing it to Poland.

Now I have to get my but in gear, as I have to get my temporary runaround to another garage this morning to see if I definitely have a blocked cat or not. Although suspect that something has been shoved up the exhaust on it. Will soon find out.

And the message from a certain member telling me how worthless my car is and I should sell to them cheap on here.... Shove it Rolling with laughter I am not desperate Rolling with laughter

Post #218824520th Nov 2020 8:16 am
disco-nut

This is no longer being sold. Got to sort out how my cars are stored at the moment, but I refuse to let that vile golem beat me. Yes I wasn't keen on the colour, but this car has really grown on me. So already messaged the garage I trust about the handbrake and MOT, and tomorrow I will be contacting the bodyshop for the welding. Thankfully the bodyshop have recovery trucks. So plan is, get them to collect it when they are ready to take it. Then once the welding is done, I have another friend who can take it on a trailer from there to to the garage for the handbrake work and get it MOT'd.

Fingers crossed I can get this done for under £2000 total. Or it will backfire on me!

I have my little trusty C-Max (Mo) to use from either tomorrow or Sunday as I bought my partner a new car as an early Christmas present. Just need to get the suspension compressor replaced on my Range Rover so I can shove that down to my parents out of the way.

Yes I know, I change my mind way to much.

Watch this space....

Post #218841120th Nov 2020 7:58 pm
disco-nut

Bit of an eventful morning, still semi buzzing after hearing a banshee I call gargoyle who vandalised my car kicking off at the police Shocked Rolling with laughter Couldn't believe it, they actually finally arrested the horrible woman. Well, this gave me a little kick up the backside, so I turned the Discovery around and have started the paintwork repairs!

Post #218878822nd Nov 2020 2:15 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hopefully she's been charged.

Glad you started on the paint work. I think you've made the right decision. Thumbs Up
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #218879522nd Nov 2020 3:19 pm
disco-nut

The horrible woman denied everything and has been released without charge! She is on her way home now from the police station. I am furious and devastated, but not surprised.

Don't know how much longer I will be able to do things the proper way! Only so much someone can take before they snap!

But got this far with it now...

Post #218879722nd Nov 2020 3:28 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

How can she get away with that ? I thought you had her on CCTV actually doing it ? Shameful act of cowardice......Utter scum Rolling Eyes I hope you can get over this mentally, and get your D3 to where you want it to be........I’d be hopping mad Evil or Very Mad
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years.  
Post #218880222nd Nov 2020 4:02 pm
disco-nut

It was all caught on CCTV, But the face isn't clear enough from any of the 3 camera's which wasn't helped by the poor light out side as it was 6.26am.

I was told initially that she would at least be released on bail for a while so she had to adhere to strict rules. Then the police Censored on me and just release her advising us both not to contact each other directly or indirectly Shocked Never have I sought to contact her either directly or indirectly, only responded to her verbally a couple of times when ranting abuse at me. But all I have ever said, is if you are going to paint graffiti, learn to spell. Take your meds. I would rather be fat than a psycho, Gay people aren't paedophiles. I have never actually been horrible to her Rolling with laughter Not sure if I will be so reserved with how I respond next time something big happens though. But from now on, every little illegal thing she does, every time she breaks lockdown rules etc... I am now going to report her. I know she is working cash in hand and claiming benefits saying she isn't working.... Reported...

Post #218883222nd Nov 2020 5:57 pm
disco-nut

I know some professional paint sprayers and panel beaters will be laughing at my paint repair. Although anytime anyone wants to step in and advise me if I am doing something the hard way etc... Will be gratefully received. But I have now put high build primer on. I truly hate doing paint in cold months. I have smoothed it out so you can't feel the difference between the original paint and the primer. I don't think I will have time to get anymore done before the bodyshop collect the car. Although will try.

But hopefully Tuesday afternoon, it will be collected. If not, then I will try and get the grey primer on and smoothed out.

I plan on paying a proper bodyshop to repaint my rear quarter panels next year properly. I just want to tidy the car up for now.

Post #218883522nd Nov 2020 6:11 pm
CongoBoy

Zimbabwe 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Bru,
Hang on in there!!
I've done worse paint jobs on my old Disco 1 in the bush, and that's still good!!
As to your actual situation, persecution in any shape or form, regardless whether it is religion, race, sexuality, gender or whatever is absolutely abhorrent.
I am a middle-aged white African who has served in the military, and now in a security capacity, for over 35 years. There is never any justification for this type of attack in any way, shape or form.
Whilst I do not necessarily agree with certain things, the freedom to do what you can (within the confines of the law!) has always been part of the democracy that our Forefathers fought for!!
 2008 D3 HSE Stornoway Grey (UK)
2008 D3 HSE Izmir Blue- South African Spec. (Zimbabwe)
2005 FFRR SC V8- Java Black
1995 D1 300 Tdi Blue - (Sourced from the UK, shipped to Namibia, driven by me to RD Congo, then Zambia, now retired in Zimbabwe) 

Post #218885622nd Nov 2020 8:14 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Quote:
I plan on paying a proper bodyshop to repaint my rear quarter panels.....

If it were me (in your unfortunate circumstances), I'd be looking at matting down the green (using 'wet n dry') and hand painting the damaged areas in black and/or sand....... gives it the cammo look.
If the mad women happens to damage it again, simply paint over it in the colour of your choice - black or sand.

Feel for you, stay strong and don't let the bitch get you down ..... you're the stronger one! Thumbs Up

Post #218887522nd Nov 2020 9:05 pm
disco-nut

Needs to stay factory style paint for my insurance. But will be getting on the paint again tomorrow if I have time before it goes to the bodyshop to get some grey primer on it.

Post #218902323rd Nov 2020 5:21 pm
disco-nut

Had a bit of luck as far as my repair budget goes today. The car I bought my partner as a Christmas present sailed through its MOT today. So thankfully no repair bills coming out of that, which has meant I have more leeway on the repair costs on my Discovery. Very Happy

I also collected the doors, and bumper today.

Post #218927824th Nov 2020 5:04 pm
disco-nut

Had even more good news. I am truly buzzing at the moment. I had a missed call from my insurance company today while I was dealing with the Agila. It turns out, after I had emailed them to 1 say I thought it was unfair that the MOT was voided just for effectively scratches on the bodywork, and 2 to ask for 30 days extra to get the MOT sorted due to Lockdown, the pandemic and garage booking waiting times, so I rang them back after I posted the previous update today, and was told that in fact, they have changed their minds Shocked Censored Rolling with laughter And as of last night the insurance was re-instated on my Discovery and the MOT requirement was being removed from the HPI report from today so I can get on and use my car again. BUT this actually created a bit of a problem for me, because they cancelled the policy initially and voided the MOT, I had to sorn my car 15 days after paying for this months road tax! So if I tax it again now, I have to pay again for this month, so waiting until 1st December to tax it again.

Still buzzing about the great news.

Post #218928224th Nov 2020 5:38 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Good result Thumbs Up
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #218929124th Nov 2020 6:27 pm
disco-nut

I was going to be painting the D3 this afternoon. I guess I won't be now. The bodyshop are collecting the car this afternoon to take it for welding.

1 less job for next year I suppose.

Next on the list at a garage will be the handbrake. But that is going to cost In the region of £1300 Shocked Rolling with laughter But at least it will be done.

4 more days until the car is back on the road Very Happy

Post #218965326th Nov 2020 11:28 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 8 of 32 <123 ... 789 ... 303132>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >