Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Front lower control arms DIY
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
R1DSO

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Sorted

I went back to TopMarks during the week. The guy there made one small adjustment to one front wheel, which only took a few mins. Happy to say that the Disco is now tracking dead straight and driving very well Very Happy.

The AF front lower control arms have definitely tightened things up a little. I’m a little more aware of grooves in the road etc. now, but this is as expected as my OEM bushings were worn and had lots of play in them. Another thing I’ve noticed is that I think the car seems to feel more planted going round corners at speed too.

Once again, thanks to everyone for the input and help getting this job done Thumbs Up. I re-checked the original quote I got from a Land Rover dealer to do these control arms, and it was £1,800 Shocked. My local indy garage wanted a bit less, but it’s safe to say that doing it DIY has saved me A LOT of money Smile.

Post #217471619th Sep 2020 3:42 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hiya

Great it’s now all done and indeed also thumbs up for top marks , also were very helpful when I had mine done

Ur right there ref saving money , took me days to finally get my rear upper wishbones changed and dread to think what the bill would have been, alas done a lot quicker with a garage having more tools at there disposal , ie oxy acetylene , but also saved around £1400 going by other quotes doing them myself

Feels like a new motor , be it the rears but biggest difference was having the alignment all done

Pleased for u it’s all done Thumbs Up

Post #217472119th Sep 2020 4:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >