Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

WANTED: LR plough (don't laugh...yet!)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
redsails

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
WANTED: LR plough (don't laugh...yet!)

Hi All, this is my first post. I've been enjoying reading your threads for the last few months while waiting for my MY08 TDV6SE to arrive. Have learnt heaps from your discussions, which has allowed me to make lots of "informed" decisions along the way, many thanks! Thumbs Up

Now to my dilemma...my new baby's in the driveway, the camper trailer gets delivered this weekend, but I haven't got a hitch receiver to join them in blissful union...Banging Head

Dropped in to see Aaron's brother at MitchellBros (Aaron's still layed up). I'm way back in the queue for their new hitch receiver Big Cry and they may not be able to fit me in till the far side of Easter Big Cry Big Cry

SWMBO says this is "unacceptable" Shocked , and wants to get out with the kids on a few shakedown trips on the bitumen asap, while we plan our big trip up the Tanimi later in the year Mr. Green

Soooooooo, is there anyone out there who has a LR plough they'd like to get rid of ($$$), so I can keep the family happy for Easter till MitchellBros can sort me out??

(...now you can start laughing)

Cheers

Jeff
 Jeff

08MY TDV6 SE Zermatt Silver, ARB front bar w/ IPF spots, Kaymar rear bar & wheel carrier, LR running boards, Rhino cross-bars, Mitchel Bros hitch, Prodigy brake controller, Long Ranger 104lit aux tank, Safari snorkel, Traxide SC80-12 dual battery kit w/ Optima Yellow Top D34, ARB air compressor, 4x4 Intelligence cargo barrier, OL drawers, GME TX3440 UHF, Inmarsat phone, 18” Cooper H/T Plus 265/60R18 on factory alloys for work, 17” Cooper S/T LT245/70R17 on Dynamic 17x8 steels for fun 

Post #25878813th Feb 2008 4:17 am
IanR

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

G'day Jeff

I should be able to dispense with my plough in the next week or so - we live on Central Coast NSW.

What type of camper trailer have you ordered?

Send me a PM if you want to follow up.

Ian
 'S' TDV6, Air suspension, Terrain Response, Active rear diff, Safari Snorkel, Opposite Lock rear wheel carrier, OL drawer system, Cargo Barrier, Dual batteries with Rotronics isolator, GME 3440 UHF. Codan NGT HF, Asus UMPC running TrackRanger. Cooper LT245/70R17 STTs when off-road. Tow Ultimate off-road camper.  
Post #25879013th Feb 2008 5:12 am
catweasel

if you mean by plough the bit that locks in underneath then I suggest you go and see your dealer as it is standard issue on all D3's in Oz and comes supplied with the vehicle. just have a quick look in the left hand rear side pocket first. if you mean ball and tongue then you need to source something suitable.

Post #25879513th Feb 2008 7:40 am
jonesy63

Location: Didn't we have a lovely time, the day we went to ...

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

So.. when the Mitchell Brothers hitch is available, will there be a glut of LR ploughs on eBay? Laughing

Post #25880713th Feb 2008 8:46 am
catweasel

I will definitely keep mine as it is very useful and functional ( and removeable)

Post #25881813th Feb 2008 9:13 am
redsails

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

...and I thought that left hand rear cover just had fuses behind it Embarassed ...thanks catweasel!

Just told SWMBO and she's Rolling with laughter all 'round the loungeroom floor...tears rolling down the cheeks.

Thanks for the offer Ian, guess I'll just use mine now Whistle

I have to go now...I think I can hear my mother calling.
 Jeff

08MY TDV6 SE Zermatt Silver, ARB front bar w/ IPF spots, Kaymar rear bar & wheel carrier, LR running boards, Rhino cross-bars, Mitchel Bros hitch, Prodigy brake controller, Long Ranger 104lit aux tank, Safari snorkel, Traxide SC80-12 dual battery kit w/ Optima Yellow Top D34, ARB air compressor, 4x4 Intelligence cargo barrier, OL drawers, GME TX3440 UHF, Inmarsat phone, 18” Cooper H/T Plus 265/60R18 on factory alloys for work, 17” Cooper S/T LT245/70R17 on Dynamic 17x8 steels for fun 

Post #25886813th Feb 2008 10:51 am
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

What you all need is one of my ploughs
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #25886913th Feb 2008 10:56 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wopac5

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

RLD<
And I get one from where, and how much?

Post #25918213th Feb 2008 10:30 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

I fabricate them probably cost to much to send out to you.
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #25919313th Feb 2008 10:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RLD
Uncle Ray 

This is the bit that i make

Then you need L/Rover part noLKNB500023

Post #25920913th Feb 2008 11:06 pm
Herbie

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

RLD wrote:
Then you need L/Rover part noLKNB500023

RLD, I couldn't find this part no when I looked on Land Rover GTR (I'm new at this so not sure what I was doing). So what is this LR part, what does it look like and what does it do?

Cheers

Neil
 Neil Herbert
2007 TDV6 S Stornoway Grey/Alpaca. LR roof rails & side steps; Cooper ST's; Autosafe cargo barrier; Kaymar rear bar; Mitchell Bros tow bar; King Springs heavy duty coils; GME UHF; Polaris rear vision camera. 

Post #25923913th Feb 2008 11:34 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

It's the receiver that hooks onto the removable towbar slot, thought you get them as standard in Oz? Confused
 The End  
Post #25926714th Feb 2008 12:51 am
Herbie

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks Slimer ... all clear now. Embarassed Yes, the romovable tow hitch is standard issue!
 Neil Herbert
2007 TDV6 S Stornoway Grey/Alpaca. LR roof rails & side steps; Cooper ST's; Autosafe cargo barrier; Kaymar rear bar; Mitchell Bros tow bar; King Springs heavy duty coils; GME UHF; Polaris rear vision camera. 

Post #25927014th Feb 2008 1:10 am
RLD
Uncle Ray 

Sorry about that should have expand it a bit more Slimer Thumbs Up

Post #25928414th Feb 2008 8:31 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >