Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

1st Service = 1st dealer issue......!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
timd3

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

dropped off and struck off the PTI upgrade off my list!!

things already looking up versus historical service experience with Str*tstone's - got a new FL2 courtesy car from Chipperfields as opposed to a Ford Focus. I know its a long way to go - but could I have found a good one......?
 2007 TDV6SE Auto Stornoway Grey - now sold...  
Post #24476714th Jan 2008 11:33 am
timd3

summary from the first service at Chipperfield (Kings Langley)

needed new set of front brake pads (15k) - apparently down to the sensor already! Crying or Very sad The rears are down to 60% - not changed.

did the fog lights - no quibble

they did not replace the wiper blades as "no evidence of issue at time of test" - can't be Censored pushing this - will just get a set of Valeos - job done.

valeted well - it really need it!!

and cheapest service I could find locally - and FL2 courtesy car

so a neutral to good experience - will probably use again provided they remain competitive. Still way better than local Stratstones

cheers, tim
Post #24531515th Jan 2008 9:55 am
Pelyma

England 

Lakeland Land Rover wrote:

if you are loyal to a Dealership you normally find that they bendover backwards to try and help you within reason, as, they know that next time you want, a service, new car etc. you will come to see them. not (as in a lot of cases) head off somewhere else to save a couple of quid.

yes you may pay a little more initialy but the good relationship ultimatley saves time, money and effort in the long run.

I think this comment should be made a sticky and IMHO the best piece of advice anyone can receive about LR dealers Thumbs Up
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #24553515th Jan 2008 5:56 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

But they also need to gain new customers in the first place for loyalty to have somewhere to start.....

This is my first landrover and it's first service, so I haven't had a chance to be loyal to a LR dealer until now.......

As I posted before, I was loyal to the Merc dealer next door because they had a positive attitude to customers and took ownership of the issue. If it needed me to call the manufacturer, they would explain why & provide me with options, NOT shrug their shoulders & tell me I could ring the manufacturer 'if I wanted to'.

I found out more by calling LR than the dealer did (by not ringing them!)
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #24554615th Jan 2008 6:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Where did you take it ?

Apols if I've missed it above.

Post #24554915th Jan 2008 6:11 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Shrewsbury, not Ludlow.......
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #24555015th Jan 2008 6:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hudsonian

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

DSL wrote:
DG wrote:
Valeo seem to have cracked it for me Thumbs Up

wiggs wrote:
Now replaced with Veleo ones ...silence is golden Thumbs Up

Agreed

Agreed Very Happy

Post #25155627th Jan 2008 11:35 am
johnflavell

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
First Service

Just had my 1st service done at purchasing dealer[ hunters Bristol]. Told me recall on ABS modulator work will be carried out whilst in. Mentioned about wipers,they told me that because was over 12 months old [1 week] i would have to cover the cost of replacement, but after a bit of bargaining this was dropped. All for £ 285
 TDV6 Se Zermat. 07  
Post #25185627th Jan 2008 11:02 pm
West_Ham_Fan

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

How did it go Tim? I've had probs with Chipperfield - see my posting...

Post #36254420th Oct 2008 7:27 pm
SpiderBaby
D3 Decade 

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Bodsy,

I'm a bit surprised at the problems you've had at Shrewsbury (I'm guessing Sh*kers?).

I got mine from them second hand and had things like the wipers replaced no problems without going near LRCS. I even had the brake pads replaced FOC all round because the light came on within 2000 miles and a new load cover / toolkit because the cover was stained, kit wasn't complete.

I must admit I didn't go to the parts / service guys direct - I went straight to the salesman and from him to them. When they were doing some work I got a new FL2 to run around in.

Perhaps they've gone downhill recently?

Mind you I did tell the salesman if he ever pi Censored ed me about I'd test the off-road capabilities by parking the D3 on him after driving straight through his showroom window Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 I see no ships........  
Post #36255720th Oct 2008 7:40 pm
Blaserman

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

To think I nearly bought from Stratstone!!
Censored me off when they told me that my beloved defender was only worth £6000 on a 53 plate with less than 40k on the clock and a full service history! Big Cry Apparently it is because they are a PLC company! What difference does that make? apart from the £4000 they stood to make on it as a re sale!!! Censored
Cambrian all the way! Thumbs Up
 "The fate of the wounded lies in the hands of the one who applys the first dressing"

Club MTR

Club Powerplant 

Post #36255820th Oct 2008 7:42 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Spiderbaby, the sales team were fantastic when I was looking to buy. Ultimately I didn't buy frm them as they couldn't match the package I was looking for. The sales guy was a bit Censored at the sales manager as tehre was some room for adjusting. I think they'd met their monthly target so he wasn't really bothered about the sale.

My service experience was a pain at the time for something fairly minor. I'm really glad I drove to Yeovil for my second service as I had some 'extra's' that I KNOW I wouldn't have got from Shukers & at a much lower cost as well! Thumbs Up
Wherever possible (assuming I can plan my trips enough in advance) I'll be back to Yeovil, but having said that, I would use Shukers again if I needed to, I'd just be a little clearer on my expectations. Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #36259620th Oct 2008 8:48 pm
timd3

West_Ham_Fan

Didn't experience the "crazies" when I went into Chipperfield earlier this year - but based on your thread and the contributions of others - looks like I got lucky. Was a fairly neutral to good experience - nothing spectacular.

Planning to try else where for 2nd service - maybe Lancaster Reading - they get a good right up. As ever, the price will need to be right too!

cheers, tim
Post #36275221st Oct 2008 7:35 am
terrier

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
1st dealer issue

hi Bodsy, Sorry to hear of your problem at Shukers Shrewsbury. I too had no end of problems with their service dept. my new D3 had no working foglights and juddering wipers on delivery. the salesman told me to call in and they would fix it,no appointment needed.Called in and service desk refused to even look at car as I had not booked it in! Patiently explained that the salesman told me to but no joy also told me that they were out of wiper blades anyway.Tried again and again told no appointment needed. this time after making me wait one hour.Tried to blame me for causing the judder as i had since cleaned the screen with autoglymn as it was not recomended by Landrover! I told him that Aston Martin Mclaren and jaguar recomend it.He also claimed that I was the first person to complain about the wipers!!!! (may 2007). The new blades were worse than the origional,so went back again,again made to wait one hour before looked at.They still reckoned that I was the only car in the country with the problem, they could not have been more unhelpful.Anyway after the third set were no better I found out about Valeos and silence! Took my car to Shukers Ludlow for servicing what a difference the service guy was in comparison to the arrogant and useless lot at Shrewsbury. By chance met someone who worked for Shukers Shrewsbury until recently.They told me that the servicing there was terrible as they have the contract to service all the utility companies and army,police etc and therefore could not give a stuff for us private punters.I also hear that they have been hit hard by the downturn, I for one will never set foot in there again.

Post #36393123rd Oct 2008 7:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >