DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

My First Repair: fixing of key fobs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
My First Repair: fixing of key fobs

Hi,

I'm sure a bunch of you have done this before but I'll document this for posterity - if for nothing else as a benchmark to future generations that I dared to DIY something Wink

The keys that came with my "new" MY2010 Discovery 4 were kind of ... rotting. The rubber parts were in bad shape and loose.

Time to repair: 10-15 minutes for one key fob if you've never done this before

Things you need:
    LR052882 - Smart Key Kit - LR4 - if you need to fix two key fobs you need two of these, I got mine from LRdirect simply because they had them in stock
    CR2032 - a replacement battery, one per fob (I changed the battery at the same time as I was unsure of their age)
    LTB00563NAS1 - Land Rover Technical Bulletin named "Smart Key Handset Lower Level Service Repair" (quite the mouthful)

Replacing the front and back of the fob, with the Technical Bulletin as a guide, was very straight forward. The second fob was significantly faster once I had figured out how much force to use to separate the two halves of the key fob.

Below is a picture of the new fobs and the rotten parts of the old ones. Thumbs Up

Pro tip: if you're printing the LTB use a color printer, otherwise it's not very obvious what you need to do in each picture.

Post #184871518th Aug 2017 8:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >