Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Radio advice please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Tiggerrr

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Radio advice please

Hi Guys, radio advice needed, my 05 D3 has a 6 cd changer that is kaput! I don't have Bluetooth or phone or satnav fitted. My question is will a single CD head unit fit in as a direct replacement??? Thanks in advance ..
 Beanie grill , detangoed , waxoiled, disco3 sticker, rear tints, spare wheel protector, fantastic BAS Remap, three flash indicators, reverse lights follow me home. EGRs blanked. AMK compressor upgrade. D4 rear lights. DAB radio replacement.  
Post #18215871st Jun 2017 10:08 pm
Tiggerrr

Bump
 Beanie grill , detangoed , waxoiled, disco3 sticker, rear tints, spare wheel protector, fantastic BAS Remap, three flash indicators, reverse lights follow me home. EGRs blanked. AMK compressor upgrade. D4 rear lights. DAB radio replacement.  
Post #18216842nd Jun 2017 8:14 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

No. You'll need another direct replacement.
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #18216982nd Jun 2017 8:54 am
Down&Dirty

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Think as it's a base model ,yes you can,have a search on forum,plenty people added double din units with sat nav,phone and reverse camera Thumbs Up
 MY24 Defender 90 X-Dynamic HSE
MY18 Disco 5 HSE Santorini Black Now Gone. 

Post #18217082nd Jun 2017 9:17 am
#vhlwarrior

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
Re: Radio advice please

Tiggerrr wrote:
Hi Guys, radio advice needed, my 05 D3 has a 6 cd changer that is kaput! I don't have Bluetooth or phone or satnav fitted. My question is will a single CD head unit fit in as a direct replacement??? Thanks in advance ..

What are you trying to do?

My guess is that you have a CD465 with the factory amp under the drivers seat, in which case it isn't as simple as putting in an aftermarket head unit. A little more info might be helpful.

Post #18217192nd Jun 2017 9:44 am
Tiggerrr

Hiya warrior I have a problem with the radio, sometimes it won't turn off at all, sometimes it won't turn on sometimes it goes max volume and the only way to turn it off is pull the fuse on it. Yes I have a amp under the drivers seat . If you have any ideas I would be grateful 🎶🎶🎶🎶
Post #18218352nd Jun 2017 4:02 pm
Irwin

Did you check the plug and wires going into the back of the radio. I had a loose wire in the radio plug before which stopped the radio turning on occasionally.

Post #18218392nd Jun 2017 4:11 pm
#vhlwarrior

Tiggerrr wrote:
Hiya warrior I have a problem with the radio, sometimes it won't turn off at all, sometimes it won't turn on sometimes it goes max volume and the only way to turn it off is pull the fuse on it. Yes I have a amp under the drivers seat . If you have any ideas I would be grateful 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Firstly, as already said, check the wiring. It's amazing how often a problem is caused by a loose connection!

Don't assume that you can simply swap the head unit. If all the connections seem ok then it may be an issue with the pcb inside the unit. I've read plenty of posts on this forum about head unit damage. You should be able to read a fair amount. Search for 'pepsi' this seems to kill head units quite efficiently Laughing

If you decide that your stereo is definitely on its way out, rather than buying a replacement that may not work, it would be worth looking into getting yours repaired.

Post #18219292nd Jun 2017 9:14 pm
Tiggerrr

Thanks warrior , I'm coming to that conclusion , repair may be my best way forward, but I would have been remiss if I didn't explore all my options. I will try to find a compitant radio engineer , perhaps someone could recommend someone ? Hopefully close to chester .. ? Bow down
Post #18219322nd Jun 2017 9:42 pm
Sea Raider

I had a problem with my 6 disc (465 model) stereo. It started occasionally coming on a max volume when I unlocked the doors, when I pressed the on/off button it reverted back to the level it was on when the vehicle was locked, it then went onto having no audio volume and turning the button made no difference.
I removed the stereo and had a look inside but couldn't see anything untoward and no water damage.
I then removed the amp from under the drivers seat and stripped that apart and again couldn't see anything untoward.
When I put it all back together it has behaved itself for a while now, don't know if it was a loose wire or not. The only problem I have now is that the Bass and Treble settings revert back to middle position whenever the ignition is switched off and have to be reset every time the car is started.

So until the audio goes again I'll leave well alone.

Post #18219392nd Jun 2017 10:44 pm
Tiggerrr

Hiya guys does anyone know if a 6cd 565 would fit my d3 I have a 6cd 465 at the mo?...
Post #18221723rd Jun 2017 7:43 pm
#vhlwarrior

Have a read of this!

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic67895.html?highlight=465+565

Post #18221963rd Jun 2017 9:17 pm
Tiggerrr

Thanks once again Warrior, I would appear that I'm stuffed!!! Searched high and low there are no suitable spec head units for sale either here or USA . I'm getting real pxxxxd off now. But a big thanks for all your help. Bow down
Post #18222073rd Jun 2017 9:56 pm
Sea Raider

Might be worth getting more info regarding this thread, my reading of it is that you can change the high line head unit for an aftermarket

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic160508.html

Post #18222123rd Jun 2017 10:06 pm
#vhlwarrior

Tiggerrr wrote:
Thanks once again Warrior, I would appear that I'm stuffed!!! Searched high and low there are no suitable spec head units for sale either here or USA . I'm getting real pxxxxd off now. But a big thanks for all your help. Bow down

there is a solution. It might not be as straight forward as you'd hoped but you'll get it sorted! Don't let it wind you up!

Post #18222193rd Jun 2017 10:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >