DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Suspension upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
lrd3 Ruud

Netherlands 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto BournvilleDiscovery 3
Suspension upgrade

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, does any one know a supplier of a 2" lift kit.
Preferably in Europe somewere.

Thanx, Ruud Thumbs Up
 Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to see them come true.

MODS:
-TJM-OX 9500 winch, Dyneema winch rope, RLD hidden winch mount, RLD sump guard, RLD rock sliders, 2" OME suspension lift, Traxide dual battery system, B.A.S. remap, B.A.S. fbh controller, Cooper LTZ 285x60 R18, Fog lights, Viair 330 onboard air system, Victron 600watt 220v inverter, FR rear underbody protection (in progress)

Yep, still bits in progress, but we'll get there eventually!! 

Post #84629111th Oct 2011 6:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

for coil or airsuspension ?

http://johnsonrods.com/
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #84629511th Oct 2011 6:15 pm
lrd3 Ruud

Ah sorry, yes its for coil suspension
 Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to see them come true.

MODS:
-TJM-OX 9500 winch, Dyneema winch rope, RLD hidden winch mount, RLD sump guard, RLD rock sliders, 2" OME suspension lift, Traxide dual battery system, B.A.S. remap, B.A.S. fbh controller, Cooper LTZ 285x60 R18, Fog lights, Viair 330 onboard air system, Victron 600watt 220v inverter, FR rear underbody protection (in progress)

Post #84629911th Oct 2011 6:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I will look for the address and phone to the bloke I got my KingSprings from and as far as i remember he is lots of time in Belgium
besides check Matzker website they got cool hard core lift setup but quite pricey
some other peeps went for OldMan Emu but can not remember dealer they got the coils from
cheers

Post #84639711th Oct 2011 8:42 pm
lrd3 Ruud

Thanks for youre reply Grzesiul,

Had a look on the websites from Matzker and Kingsprings.
Matzker did not made a lot of sense to me, that is, i couldn't find a lift kit for coilsprings, maybe because the language barrier.
On the Kingspring website there is only the leafsprings for Landrover shown.
I also had a look on the Lovells website and there distributors and found a few, one in Poland website in Polish, hmm, problem.
One in Switzerland, website under construction, no good, and one in Italy, website in in Italien.
Lovells was used by forum member Simon pl, i have pm'd him but i think he is enjoying his nice car.
I guess the next best thing to do is send them all a email and see what i get back from them.

Thanx again, Ruud Thumbs Up

MODS:

Post #84653512th Oct 2011 9:12 am
grzesiul

I am on 12H shifts for next few days but try to get you all the info i know of
should you have issues with Polish let me know what needs translating i surly can assist with that
cheers

Post #84655512th Oct 2011 10:18 am
grzesiul

http://www.matzker.de/product_info.php?products_id=1253 info on matzker suspension kit you could always put through google translator

Post #84655612th Oct 2011 10:20 am
Chicken Duck

Vatican 

Some reading for you http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic60199.html Thumbs Up

Post #84659512th Oct 2011 11:42 am
lrd3 Ruud

Hi Disco Duck, thanks for youre reply Thumbs Up

Quit an interresting read indeed!
Seems that there is not a lot of choice in 2" lifts anymore.
Wonder why Kings stopped making the 60 mm lift coils? i couldn't find any coils for D3 on there website for that matter!
Where did you got youre Old mans from? you like them?

MODS:

Post #84660912th Oct 2011 12:40 pm
lrd3 Ruud

grzesiul wrote:
http://www.matzker.de/product_info.php?products_id=1253 info on matzker suspension kit you could always put through google translator

Hi Grzesiul,

Had another look at the Matzker website, very nice and hard core but, a little bit to much for what i am looking for.
They make quit a bit of nice bits.
I was wondering when you got youre Kings as it appears the 60 mm lift kit is not available anymore?

MODS:

Post #84665612th Oct 2011 3:13 pm
Gazellio

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

try Dave Lawley [[email protected]] he supplied my Blue Coil lift kit for the G4 Black project. Very good price too and the ride was excellent.

Post #84669112th Oct 2011 5:43 pm
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Ruud,

you could give ET in Coevorden a call. They had a suspension-modified D3 a couple of years ago and they modded it themselves.

Regards,
Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #84677412th Oct 2011 8:27 pm
Chicken Duck

Vatican 

lrd3 Ruud wrote:

Got them from here http://www.surreyoff-road.com/ They state thay give 50 mil lift in reality it's 54mil. The springs are brilliant the car is much better on and off road. They do a stiffer version if you have a lot of accesories fitted such as winch etc. I went for the normal versions and their great off road Thumbs Up 2011/2012 King spring catalogue here they still do the springs look under "Rover" http://www.kingsprings.com.au/catalogue/ki...alogue.pdf. Get in touch with the European distributer if you want them or conatct D3 Dan on here he can get them Thumbs Up EDIT= have sent you e mail adress of Pat Ryder who deals with European inports she is in France Thumbs Up

Post #84678212th Oct 2011 8:41 pm
lrd3 Ruud

Hi guys, thanks for you're replies.

@wvlenthe, you remember what make they have used back then?

@gazellio, the springs you used gave a 40 mm lift right? did you just got the springs or did you changed you're dampers as well?

@disco duck, 50 mm (or more) is actually what i am looking for so that would be great.
I found the Kings for D3 now, i stopped searching when i didn't find anything at "L" , it doesn't say how much the lift is though.
Did you just changed the springs or dampers as well?
Got you're PM, thanks.

I am gonna send some emails to various suppliers now, see what comes up.

MODS:

Post #84689013th Oct 2011 7:29 am
~Rich~

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

lrd3 Ruud wrote:

Quit an interresting read indeed!
Seems that there is not a lot of choice in 2" lifts anymore.
Wonder why Kings stopped making the 60 mm lift coils? i couldn't find any coils for D3 on there website for that matter!

In Australia now where OME and King Springs are made a 50mm lift does not require an engineering certificate, over 50 and it gets expensive to stay legal.
For Nissan Patrols and Toyota Landcruisers you can buy 150mm lift kits off the shelf! With choices of 50, 75, 100, 125 also available. Many just use these for off road use only but they can be certified for road use.
The government is also toying with a national regulation which may in fact include a Slalom course test!
It has been off and on for a couple of years with much protest from 4wd groups.
 2005 TDV6 HSE Silver, LLAMS Height Controller, Tinted Glass, Onroad - 19" GG AT's, Offroad - 18" 275/65 MT, Traxside Dual Battery kit, Rasta Protection Plate, Alpine Roof, BAS Remap, ARB Air Compressor, eDiff Smile Custom Drawer and storage unit -http://www.box.com/s/jem0ilac3cner2mexq64 UHF CB, 4x4 Intellegence RWC, 120ltr Long range tank, Rock Sliders and Compressor protection plate Beanie grill, De Tango.  
Post #84689413th Oct 2011 7:43 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >