Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Under body protection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
StornowaySA

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Under body protection

Can someone advise me best place to source the above in Australia? (preferably WA!); I note LR sell a front bash plate part number KRQ500010 for $1276.00 but I'm guessing someoneelse might manufacturere a cheaper one that is just as good; or goes further under the car???? Also, is the LR A Bar with winch any good? I really like the look of our (non winch compatible) A Bar as compared to say an ARB bull bar.....but I'm guessing the ARB package is the way to go???
 MY2010 D4 HSE 3.0, e-diff, 19inch MTR's; LLAMS Height adjustor, LR f & r light guards, LR side steps, LR bright finish side door mouldings; LR/Mantec G4 front bash plate, LR G4 Winch kit, Warn 9500lb Winch; GOE compressor guard, Uniden UHF, LR bright finish roof rails, LR G4 driving light kit, LR G4 ladder, 4 x extra rear compartment 12V sockets, Traxide dual battery system and Optima Yellowtop battery, ORS drawer system / fridge slide, LED rear compartment lighting.  
Post #2214336th Nov 2007 4:38 am
Jamo

Australia 

The ARB bar comes with a bash plate for the front and costs (from memory) around $1600.

I had the winch compatible A Bar and it was not up to the standard I needed. The rubber had started to tear in places when the bar was only about three months old. And it cost way too much for what it was.

Just my opinion and based on the conditions I regularly drive in.

(The A bar's only virtue would be to give an irresponsible pedestrian a 'softer' death instead of the 'hard' one offerred by the ARB bar.)

Again, it depends what sort of driving you do. If you're doing the odd off-roading stint, but are mostly driving around Perth, then the A-bar may be the way to go. If you're intending to do a fair amount of country driving, I'd probably go for the ARB bar.
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #2214346th Nov 2007 5:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
StornowaySA

Jamo, what sort of cargo barrier do you have? LR? and the dual battery set up - did you do that yourself? ARB said they cant do it for me.....
 MY2010 D4 HSE 3.0, e-diff, 19inch MTR's; LLAMS Height adjustor, LR f & r light guards, LR side steps, LR bright finish side door mouldings; LR/Mantec G4 front bash plate, LR G4 Winch kit, Warn 9500lb Winch; GOE compressor guard, Uniden UHF, LR bright finish roof rails, LR G4 driving light kit, LR G4 ladder, 4 x extra rear compartment 12V sockets, Traxide dual battery system and Optima Yellowtop battery, ORS drawer system / fridge slide, LED rear compartment lighting.  
Post #2214356th Nov 2007 5:29 am
Jamo

Australia 

The cargo barrier is from simon_arch on this forum.

The dual battery setup you can do yourself. Go to traxide.com.au and email Tim (drivesafe on this forum). He has a kit for the D3 that is approved by LR.
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #2214376th Nov 2007 5:45 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
StornowaySA

Thanks!!
Post #2214386th Nov 2007 5:53 am
davo

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Also Simon_Arch does under body and sill protectors.

I have the full underbody kit and are very happy with the protection offered.
Its best to contact him as it is not inexpensive - remember you get what you pay for. Simons stuff is first rate

happy trails

Post #2214396th Nov 2007 7:04 am
Jamo

Australia 

I've just fitted nathan wood's ( Bow down )sill-to-rail sliders. Expensive (although comparable with the sort of prices ARB and Kaymar charge!), but they're as tough as! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #2214406th Nov 2007 7:19 am
Jamo

Australia 

ARB bar paid for itself yesterday.

I hit a small roo on the gravel at 100kph. Hit dead centre front. It's head hit the top rail, killing it instantly; and it went under the car.

Only damage was one broken spotlight cover.
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #2221918th Nov 2007 9:01 am
RichardK

Australia 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

Hello BlackPerth,
Should you come on the trip next weekend you will see these extras at least:
ARB winch Bar
Winches
Dual Batteries
Rear wheel Carriers
UHF Radios
HF Radio
Larger Tyres
Spotlights
Underneath Protection
Side Protection
Phone and GPS installation
Electronic Brake Installation
Roof Racks

These are some of the accessories Disco 4x4 and myself have fitted so you can get a good idea of how they fit and work.
Disco 4x4 (Gordon) may have more accessories that I can't remember at the moment

Post #2222728th Nov 2007 1:55 pm
simon_arch1

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Anyone interested in D3 extras - pls PM me and I'll happily send more info - cargo barrier, underbody/radiator/sill protection, discrete winch mount, wheel carrier, roof racks, chip upgrades, etc.

There are a couple of the 4x4i wheel carriers in Perth - can you put you in touch with them if interested.

cheers - and enjoy accessorising!

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #2224539th Nov 2007 12:11 am
RichardK

Australia 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

Hello Simon,

What chipping have you got??

Post #2225489th Nov 2007 12:54 pm
nwoods

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol Base 5 Seat Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

Jamo wrote:
I've just fitted nathan wood's ( Bow down )sill-to-rail sliders. Expensive (although comparable with the sort of prices ARB and Kaymar charge!), but they're as tough as! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Hey there Jamo! Any other thoughts on those sliders? Have you run them up against anything firmer than a Kangaroo yet?

Post #22283710th Nov 2007 7:48 am
simon_arch1

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Richard - haven't chipped our car yet - but am now an agent for dieseltune - first customer we've done is VERY happy with results.

cheers,

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #22307011th Nov 2007 9:58 am
Jamo

Australia 

Hello Nathan,

No, not yet. Put them on two weeks ago, then last weekend put on my 17" rims with the STT's.

Then discovered a crack in one of the rims, so I've got to get it off and send it interstate for testing.

As soon as I've had a chance to get everything right again I intend heading off to the nearest granite outcrop.

Then I'll post a few pics. Very Happy
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #22309411th Nov 2007 12:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >