DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

SRS Impact sensors procedure and IIDTool
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
KevUK

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
SRS Impact sensors procedure and IIDTool

Hi

I need to remove the front impact sensors on my D4 to make some repairs to the body, just wondered if anyone knows what happens if you power up the car with these disconnected? I may well need to move the car around/keep the alarm powered etc before I replace the sensors and the workshop manual just gives the procedure for removing/replacing. I am planning to disconnect the battery, unplug and remove them but then reconnect the battery before I have replaced them

I assume the SRS system will just report an error if they are missing and not make an assumption that something is very wrong and deploy airbags!!

I did read a very useful post warning what happens if you leave the sensors plugged in but unscrewed from the chassis and then knock one of them..

I'm going to buy an IIDTool BT soon (after reading on this site about them) so will give DuckWorth parts a call as they are on this site, I need to replace my driver and passenger airbags and I see they have some kind of code on them, is that something that the IIDTool can program in to the car?

cheers
Kev

Post #179799030th Mar 2017 11:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >