Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Graphite Seat Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
kentishdisco

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Graphite Seat Fault

I previously posted a photo of the inside driver’s seat back bolster of my Graphite showing how it had deformed – Photo below. At that time no other Graphite owner on the forum came forward with the same fault. My seat was subsequently repaired by my dealer.

Since then I have recently been contacted by PM by a fellow Graphite owner who said his driver’s seat was also deforming. He contacted his dealer who said that it is a fault known to Land Rover as a number of run out Graphites have been fitted with the wrong foam, but a recall has not been issued and they are waiting for owners to complain. A quick look on dealer’s websites at secondhand Graphites on sale identified 4 with obvious signs of seats deforming.

The other bolster on my driver’s seat is now also showing the fault. I have informed my dealer and pointed out that as my vehicle was supplied with a component that is not fit for purpose, I want both front seats repaired. They replied saying as the passenger seat (which has not had as much use) was not yet showing signs of deforming they could not repair it. As I was not happy I was given the phone number of Land Rover Customer Relations and suggested I take it up with them.

Customer Relations said they were not aware of this problem and agreed to look into it and get back to me.

If your Graphite is also showing this fault I would suggest you not only inform your dealer but also complain to LR Customer Relations. I have also asked LR the extent to which the wrong foam was used. Does it affect other parts of the front seats or the other seats. It’ll be interesting to see if they reply.

Post #179681928th Mar 2017 1:48 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >