DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Normal ride height only issue troubleshooting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ikonw8

Canada 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3
Normal ride height only issue troubleshooting

Hello all,

I have a 2006 LR3 HSE V8. It is exhibiting the Normal Ride height only fault. The fault occurs if I start the car and immediately attempt to raise to off road height. The EAS attempts to raise and after 3-4 seconds the fault occurs I can hear the compressor start and stop.

After taking the car in to be serviced, I am told that the error codes are front and rear valve blocks.

However, after taking our the EAS fuse to disable the system, and letting it sit, I did not lose any height over a 24 hour period. Would that rule out the valve blocks?

Also, the system seems to be able to level itself out, for example, when the whole family gets into the car.

Finally, I have the NAV option, and can view the wheel height. All wheels seem to be reporting normally.

Any ideas?
 ikonw8
2006 Landrover LR3 4.4L V8 HSE 

Post #178401726th Feb 2017 1:33 pm
ikonw8

Canada 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3
Solved

I fixed the Normal ride height fault issue.

Turned out that two of the wires on the electrical connector for the rear valve block were broken. Perhaps a rock or something. It looks like a cut that exposed the wire, which then corroded over time.

Ironically, I only noticed it when I re-built the rear valve block and reinstalled it. The right rear air strut would not inflate. I was about to disconnect the valve block again when I noticed the broken wires very close to the connector.

A bit of careful soldering and some heatshrink tubing later, and the fault is cleared.

I will need to replace the connector though. The break left very little wire to solder too, and it will probably break again. Any ideas where to source the connector? I would rather not purchase the entire loom.

Thanks all,
 ikonw8
2006 Landrover LR3 4.4L V8 HSE 

Post #178432826th Feb 2017 10:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >