Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

aux battery: what built-in systems can be run from it?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
minimaltoo

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
aux battery: what built-in systems can be run from it?

So I'm slowly adding more to my D3 - aux battery and T-Max split charge will hopefully be going in this weekend, but what's the collective wisdom about switching already installed systems over to run exclusively from the aux battery ?

I'm going to run a (fused) +ve spur from the aux battery to the passenger fuse box, remove the cigarette socket relay and just jumper in the aux supply so I have always on power, but then I got wondering about what else could be switched over like this...

* Interior lighting ? Can this be 100% supplied by aux ?

* Heater fans ? I have an FBH trigger circuit (DIY job), but would like to be able to move heat around the cabin after it's been running without needing to switch the ignition on.

* Radio ? My D3 came with a non-LR headunit, so I guess I just rewire the DIN feed to take the aux +ve and then put a toggle on the ignition wire ?

* Should I be looking to power the whole passenger fuse box from the aux ? Sounds like there's a bunch of hidden gotcha's just waiting if I tried that, like the devices themselves doing the ignition sensing so the new supply won't help...

Having read most (I think) of the aux threads on here they tend to focus on running a direct feed from the aux to the 'gear in the rear' but I'm more interested in being able to use everything already in the car without worrying about starting it the following day.

Advice welcome (even if it's screams of terror telling me to not do any of this !)

Post #177880114th Feb 2017 10:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >