Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Door seal torn on car part 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
pbhawkin

Australia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4
Door seal torn on car part 2

Service manager inspects door seal and agrees it needs replacing.
I return 30minutes after agreed pickup time (they had not called me) to wait for another 45 minutes while the paint protection is finished (I saw contractor appling paint protection when I returned) and a test drive is done.
Recall for EPB adjustment NOT done as the paint protection took too long according to service manager! YET, the service was supposed to be done prior to paint protection being applied!
Service manager informs me that the door seal will NOT be covered under warranty. On enquiring why, he takes me to sales manager who states that:
1. Landrover would NOT accept a torn door seal under warrenty.
2. the carsalesman (who was also there) denies remembering seeing the torn door seal and making the comment that it would be rectified at service time (he does remember the broken plastic clip holding the rear carpet mat in place behind the drivers seat)!
3. Sales manager to check the predelivery inspection slip to see if any of this was noted down at the time and to call me today.

SO:
1. they don't believe me,
2. salesman has memory lapse,
3. LR doesnt accept damage on newly delivered cars as being 'warranty' (insert whatever term is appropriate),
4. Even if they do accept it (cost is $135) they still have to order it in (What I was trying to avoid in the first place)!!!
5. I still have to travel 1 hour 45 min each way as it is closest dealership.

Methinks that I might be using this as a reason to go to Sydney twice a year more often!!
 regards
Peter

Post #21827926th Oct 2007 12:25 am
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

OMG

Tell the Saleman in the front of other customers how much of a f Censored ing lying p Censored ck he is. Tell him that you want to see the Dealer Principal and if he/she cannot satisfy you then write directly to PAG Australia.

I'm told that people from PAG look at this website.

Go to LR's Mr John Cooke (National Sales Manager). Address below

Premier Automotive Group Australia Pty Ltd- t/a Jaguar Australia
ACN: 004 352 238 ABN: 86004352238
Street Address: 65 Epping Rd North Ryde NSW 2113
Postal Address: PO Box 2211 North Ryde NSW 1670
Registered Office: 65 Epping Rd North Ryde NSW 2113
Ph: (02) 9020 1400
Fax: (02) 9020 1490

What an absolute lack of customer empathy and lack of listening skills. I think you have no choice but to look elsewhere for a reputable Dealer who will listen to what seems like simple requests.

Let us know how you go.
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #21828326th Oct 2007 1:09 am
norto

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Thats a joke
Im a long term Land Rover owner but im booked in
to test drive the new 200 series cruiser when it arrives.
Any company that doesnt warrant its door seals at 29000km
and wont fix a park brake under warranty (they charged me $125 to temporarly fix their design problem thats going to happen again) isnt getting my business again.

Post #21828926th Oct 2007 2:03 am
White Disco

Australia 

Why do a company like Land Rover allow dealers, like your dealer Peter, to sully their name. Pity it is such a long distance to the next nearest dealer.

I actually thought of you today when I saw a young bloke walking down the street in Melbourne with an I (heart) Dubbo tee-shirt on..
 Did you think I would leave you crying,
When there's room in my D3 for 7,
Climb in here Joe we'll soon be flying,
I can go just as fast with 7.

2005 TDV6 S with Terrain Response (& all that entails), Tasmods (gorn). 2008 TDV6 HSE (gone). A Dark Side umbrella (here) & car (here).

Volkswagen Golf (SWMBO's)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO22SHOMSAH)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO19SHOMSAH)

4 BMW's (Stents, not the silly cars)

Formerly RED DISCO 

Post #21861427th Oct 2007 8:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

You are far too nice they need a rocket. Twisted Evil Speak to dealer principal no one less if no joy, tell them you are escalating the issue.
Agree with all of above it is not a warranty matter: the door seal was not in new condition when provided.
Ring PAG and let them know you are a really Censored off customer. ask for a response time and hold them to it.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #21867627th Oct 2007 1:54 pm
pbhawkin

Australia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4
PART 3

Sales manager said he would review the original inspection report and get back to me the next day (Friday)....
Tuesday I had a call from one of the reception girls to say my spare part had arrived, I say 'huh?' and she says the 'used car warrenty part, the door seal' is in, 'OH!' I say.
I ask if I can fit it myself and she says she would transfer me to service so I say don't worry I will call back later to book car in.

SO I guess that's a result? I still have to waste a day going there (the original thing I was trying to avoid). And hopefully they will have 'time' to do the recall for the EPB as well.
 regards
Peter

Post #21965531st Oct 2007 5:36 am
caverD3

I would write a letter to the dealer principal outline the course of events and letting them know your disatisfaction with the level of service.
See what the response is. you should be able to guage their likely response to later issues.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #21965931st Oct 2007 7:01 am
norto

I had a little dummy spit before about not buying another landy
but it has left me with a dirty feeling
the love affair is not what it used to be Crying or Very sad

Post #21966031st Oct 2007 7:08 am
caverD3

Dealer makes a huge difference. mine has been great so far. Very Happy Thumbs Up
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #21966331st Oct 2007 7:56 am
norto

Caver
Who is your dealer.

Post #21966531st Oct 2007 7:59 am
caverD3

Alto. Trent hasbeen helpful. Very Happy If you have three hours to sare talk to John. Rolling Eyes
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #21966631st Oct 2007 8:03 am
norto

Is that on the North side

Post #21966731st Oct 2007 8:04 am
caverD3

yes
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #21966831st Oct 2007 8:09 am
caverD3

Yes, Artarmon
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #21966931st Oct 2007 8:09 am
norto

I spoke to the service manager at Alto
and he seemed to think it was a warrantable item Exclamation

Post #2200311st Nov 2007 8:18 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >