Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Interesting New EGR Valve Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Kits usually come with instructions.

The flat plate goes on the side of engine (lower down)

The other ones go in the middle of the engine (see photo above)

I think you are also meant to remove the butterfly in that throttle body.
Do you still need to do that if it's patched? or does the patch prevent the butterfly from closing?

Post #177201631st Jan 2017 1:22 pm
Pete199

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

https://secure.bellautoservices.co.uk/wp-c...6-TDV6.pdf

Post #177203331st Jan 2017 1:58 pm
Azzybee

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

So I blanked my egr valves off today. Removing the two tubes was pretty easy. One screw on the top left tube was a little awkward to remove but once I got my screw driver set at the right angle it was easy to remove.

I was confused a little undoing and lifting the buttfly housing but like a lot of these tasks once you do it once the next time becomes much easier as your not trying work things out and how to do this or that. If there was a next time it would take less time and a lot easier.

I was a little stressed out as I was running late on a job (I know silly thing to blank your egr valves between jobs), then wifey was complaining saying how come I haven't bought the chicken for dinner yet and on top of that it was freeeeeezing and towards the end I couldn't feel the tips of my fingers and my feet.

Once its all open and dismantled there's no going back but carrying on until the job has been finished.

Anyway I'm happy it's been done. I did the patch which didn't take to long. Oh and the housing the butterfly flap was in was filthy. Cleaned as much of it as I could.

I did drop and lose both gaskets for the bottom two blanks. The thin metal gaskets that were in the old connections so I put a little lsx silicone sealant. Is that ok or do I need to get some gaskets? Also the little indents in each of the bottom blanks, there was nothing to match them up with so I just put them on and screwed them in.

Can someone let me know if those indents need to be in a specific place and if no gaskets are ok?

I was expecting a massive improvement from take off without any lag but there is still some there. It definitely feels more responsive as I'm driving and while I'm driving the lag is a lot less/almost none existent.

Thanks for all your help on this forum. Never took photos or filmed it as I new it would take too long and also I started when it was daylight and went through when it got dark.
 Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #17764639th Feb 2017 8:20 pm
Azzybee

Anyone lol Bow down
 Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #177659310th Feb 2017 1:16 am
Azzybee

I've just read over the instructions again provided in this thread. It says when replacing the actuator head (the one with 4 screws) "to connectthe little black link arm to the protrusion on the end of the spindle". I don't think I did this and didn't really try becaue once the spindle is fitted back in as the butterfly (the black section that is used to open and shut which I removed) isn't in there to move/ open or close anymore I thought it wasn't necessary as if it was connected it would only spin the arm round which doesn't have an effect on anything. Am I correct in think this or should I have connected that black but the the spindle? And if I did have to connect it what use would it be anyway?

Thanks again as always guys.
 Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #177659510th Feb 2017 1:25 am
Azzybee

Wink
 Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #177665810th Feb 2017 10:08 am
Azzybee

Had a good joy ride today and must say there is a noticeable improvement since blanking the egr valves off. If it means no chance of egr valves going faulty and having to fork out plus the improvement in performance ten it's a no brainier.

D3Cas change your mind? Wink
 Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #177700611th Feb 2017 12:17 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >