Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Flying the flag
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
PBob

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Flying the flag

Thought that I might give the brand a leg along...
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleD...6&vf=1
 2006 HSE TDV6 Bonatti Grey, ECB bull bar, tropical roof, LG Next G car kit, Tom Tom GPS, UHF, Mitchell Bros tow bar, Kimberley Kamper Limited Edition camper trailer and 23 foot Haines Signature half cabin (Towed separately!)  
Post #21771624th Oct 2007 8:22 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Good one PBob. Thumbs Up

Much less amusing towbar on the way. Very Happy Whistle
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #21774124th Oct 2007 9:41 am
norto

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

The guy who wrote that review said that the service interval was 10000k
I thought it was 12000.
can anyone confirm which one is right
to save me going to the manual

Post #21776624th Oct 2007 10:52 am
mtb

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I was told 12000k by Alto service
 HSE TDV6 Silver. Roof rails, Adaptive lights, electronic diff. Now its time to add a few extra bits..... Dual Battery setup, Rhino Roof Racks, UHF / VHF radio, ARB bar and winch, custom storage..by me ... Now trying some Grabber AT2's.  
Post #21777124th Oct 2007 10:58 am
Sniegy

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Service Interval is Every 12,000km/6 Mnths Very Happy
 D4 Alaska/Almond 2.7 TDV6 with E-diff & extra's.. Smile

Keep smilin' Smile Pete. 

Post #21777624th Oct 2007 11:50 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PBob

Guy who wrote it (me), was wrong - it is definitely 12,000km. I had a brain snap
 2006 HSE TDV6 Bonatti Grey, ECB bull bar, tropical roof, LG Next G car kit, Tom Tom GPS, UHF, Mitchell Bros tow bar, Kimberley Kamper Limited Edition camper trailer and 23 foot Haines Signature half cabin (Towed separately!)  
Post #21778224th Oct 2007 12:57 pm
LeighW
D3 Decade 

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

PBob wrote:
Guy who wrote it (me), was wrong - it is definitely 12,000km. I had a brain snap

I have had mine oil-changed at every 6000 km as well as the normal service interval. For a small extra expense this gives me peace of mind and the oil doesn't get to be as black as it would at 12 000 km. Also gives the dealer a chance to do any software upgrades (though these seem to be few and far between now).

But you are right, the manual says 12 000/6 months unless driven under less salubrious conditions. (My words; the manual uses different terms...)
 LeighW

The old girl is on her third engine...
* first ran a bearing (design failure in original engine)
* second had a failure of the water outlet on top of the engine (pls check yours) 

Post #21807325th Oct 2007 12:11 pm
caverD3

Robert it got published in todays herald, left out the bit about the service though.
I'll scan it wen I can.
Well done Rob. Thumbs Up
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #2203622nd Nov 2007 9:35 am
caverD3

Here it is:

Click image to enlarge

Thumbs Up Bow down Thumbs Up
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #2203892nd Nov 2007 10:49 am
White Disco

Australia 

Bow down I hope it's in The Age down here. Parts of drive are in both cities, mainly the articles. I'll show it to some of the hummer heads at work.
 Did you think I would leave you crying,
When there's room in my D3 for 7,
Climb in here Joe we'll soon be flying,
I can go just as fast with 7.

2005 TDV6 S with Terrain Response (& all that entails), Tasmods (gorn). 2008 TDV6 HSE (gone). A Dark Side umbrella (here) & car (here).

Volkswagen Golf (SWMBO's)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO22SHOMSAH)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO19SHOMSAH)

4 BMW's (Stents, not the silly cars)

Formerly RED DISCO 

Post #2204432nd Nov 2007 12:41 pm
PBob

Glad you liked the article.
When I saw where to originally write it in Drive, I did think that they might publish it in the Herald, as all journos go looking for stuff to fill the pages. They have done all the editing and the first I knew about it in the paper, was when I read it. Lets hope it gets a few people interested - this will help resales and I was keen to put it in, as there isn't a vehicle to come close to what these are and I am happy to back it all day. If you really think about them, one cannot find anything better than these - there are niggling little things, e.g. the towbar and mudflaps and maybe some dealerships. I note that Prados often are put above these in comparison tests. They are very good, but now outdated, and really aren't up to speed with the new design that the D3s have. (Read folding seats, engine, gearbox, air suspension etc.). I really liked my D2s (I had 4 of them) but these are streets ahead of them as well.
Post #2206863rd Nov 2007 5:15 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >