Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Roading & Green Laning

Elm Lane (Wisley, just off the A3)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
tuonov

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Elm Lane (Wisley, just off the A3)

I felt wide awake finishing my night shift this morning, so took a bit of a diversion on the way home, and had a go at this lane. I'd previously tried this lane in a Shogun a couple of months ago, but had to give up and retreat due to the size of the ruts, and concern that I'd beach the shogun. I was probably right in doing so, the going didn't get any easier!

Excuse the night time photos. That puddle was also a lot bigger than it looks in the photo, due to the hidden ruts in the puddle, the water level actually ended up above the bottom of the door line! The car was fantastic, even with over halfway worn Vredestien winter tyres on, it worked just fine Thumbs Up

Post #17578594th Jan 2017 6:34 pm
spikekellyrm

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Way more interesting than my commute!

Post #17579164th Jan 2017 7:26 pm
robpenrose

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I had a go at that a good few months ago. I think it's the same one anyway. By the Ockham turn off and near the black swan pub?

I went from the Ockham side towards the A3. It was really rutted then as well, so it's probably worse now. I got to that puddle and didn't like the look of it after I dipped my toe in. Felt very soft!

I also saw some broken recovery kit left left by some Censored types I expect in a £500 illegal 4x4 (probably, it was a ratchet strap) and as I was on my own, I reversed back up the lane as I didn't want to end up stuck. Wasn't easy backing up though!

If you ever want a trip out, let me know. I'm based just up the A3 a bit.

Current: D4 HSE
Previous: BMW Z4M Coupe
Previous: Land Rover Defender 90 CSW Td5
Previous: Land Rover Discovery Td5 ES 

Post #17579444th Jan 2017 7:54 pm
Buckster

England 

I did this last night too but no pics so it didn't happen Laughing I was very concerned by the size of the water feature but due to the size of the ruts before it backing out or turning round wasn't really an option, but through safe and sound Thumbs Up
 2003 BMW M5- 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 RRS SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expo Rack, 4x Warn Spotlights, Warn 9.5 XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection, Full Easylift Suspension, LightForce HTX 230 Spot Lights, LR Light Guards, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, Brembos Calipers, ARB Fridge, Tuff trek awning.
Visiting from the RR Sport forum: 

Post #17579564th Jan 2017 8:00 pm
tuonov

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Robpenrose - I was going to come in from the A3 but I'd already seen it from the Old Lane side so thought I'd start there as I knew how it started.

Yes those ruts were really big, I probably won't be doing it again too soon as I don't want to cause any more damage, although I did drive the entire route at a very low speed crawling along so I'd like to think my damage was minimal.

I initially backed out of the big puddle too, when the car dropped into the ruts and the water level covered well over the centre cap of the wheel, but like Buckster, I didn't really fancy reversing the entire route, especially as there were one or two hairy bits with quite a decent angle and a steep bank on the bottom side. It was soft and slushy underneath the puddle but quite easy going, the tyres gripped pretty well at a crawling speed keeping up the momentum.

I'd say give it a go Thumbs Up

Buckster, great yes would be good to go for a drive, I'm only just starting to lookup and research the local lanes, seems to be quite a few around Farnham / woking area too

Post #17580024th Jan 2017 8:48 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >