Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Electrical issues after reinstalling fuse/relay junction box
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
panic88

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackLR3
Electrical issues after reinstalling fuse/relay junction box

I had an issue with water entering my passenger side floor (U.S. model) because of a rotted sunroof drain tube. In order to install the replacement tube I had to disconnect the wiring harnesses from the Junction Box behind the glove box. Everything disconnected without an issue and I was able to remove the junction box, fit the new drain tube, and reinstall the 6 wiring harnesses I had removed. 2 on the back of the JB, 1 at the bottom, and 3 in the front. I've double checked all connections, except the back two, but they were seated good before I installed the box.

The issue I'm having is the sunroof and front left and right windows will not operate. I'm also receiving an emergency brake fault and sensors for the front and rear doors are tripping telling me the doors are open. From what I've been able to track down on various forums are it seems these are connected to the C585 wire harness slot on the JB. I've removed and reseated this connection but still have the same issues. The rear windows are operating fine.

Can anybody confirm if that is the correct harness I should be looking at? Any ideas of other items to check would be much appreciated. I'm pretty technical and able to troubleshoot basic electrical issues if someone has any schematics they could share.

I've attached photos of the JB. The C585 connection is in the upper right on the front facing photo.

Thanks,
Erik

Post #17565541st Jan 2017 10:05 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Did u need to remove earth wires? And reconnected them ?

Post #17566141st Jan 2017 11:43 pm
panic88

Pete- I did not have to remove any earth wires. I only removed the 6 wire harnesses I mentioned, there weren't any other earth/ground wires attached to it.

I did pull off the trim cover on the side where a lot of earth wires are though. I'll double check to see if any of those have a faulting connection.

I've had a lot of water in the floor pan area due to this sunroof tube break though, so it's possible there is some corrosion or loose slice that may have occurred. It just seems odd that everything worked ok until I pulled out the CJB.

Post #17566362nd Jan 2017 1:39 am
adifferentblue

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I'm having exactly the same issue after fixing my sunroof drain.

According to the wiring diagram, it looks like all the affected systems share the same ground coming out of C585 on pin 25. As far as I can see it's all connected back as before, but I now have broken front windows, sunroof, central locking and dodgy door closure sensors.

Did you manage to sort this panic88? Anyone have any advice?

Cheers

Post #18241968th Jun 2017 6:14 pm
panic88

My issue ended up being one of the connectors on the back of the junction box. It had come unseated when I installed the box.

One of my other issues, unrelated to the issue above, was the battery. It was just low enough that it was causing a lot of faults to go off. Once I replaced it everything started working as normal.

Post #18247299th Jun 2017 9:34 pm
Chris161987

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

Hi there I’m having the same problem was woundering if you can change the fuse box out without having to programme it’s thanks in advance

Post #22663279th Dec 2021 6:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >