Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Quote:

http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/land-ro...irst-drive

Quote:
Land Rovers have had a form of hill-descent control for years

Um, well that might be because they introduced hill descent control in the first place...with Bosch's help of course.

Love this quote:
Quote:
The new Disco can wade in water up to 900mm, thanks to a ‘labyrinth intake’ system that basically means the engine can breathe underwater. “It could go deeper,” Heslop tells me, “but above that figure you lose traction at the rear, and the car begins to float. And you need to open the rear doors to combat that, which isn’t ideal.”

Lovely bit of understatement there 8)
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #174800412th Dec 2016 11:52 pm
Pollski

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Quote:
Love this quote:
Quote:
The new Disco can wade in water up to 900mm, thanks to a ‘labyrinth intake’ system that basically means the engine can breathe underwater. “It could go deeper,” Heslop tells me, “but above that figure you lose traction at the rear, and the car begins to float. And you need to open the rear doors to combat that, which isn’t ideal.”

Lovely bit of understatement there Cool

Rolling with laughter Especially with the fancy leather interior Rolling with laughter
 My16 HSE Landmark - 2016 - Current. Indus Silver
My11 HSE - 2011- 2016. Stornoway Grey 

Post #174819413th Dec 2016 1:16 pm
ruggedpeak

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

RRSTDV8 wrote:
J77 wrote:
Prototypes aren't road legal, I think.

I saw one t'other week on the road. It had "prototype vehicle" stencilled on it too just to prove the point. Presumably there are insurance issues that limit who can drive them on the public road.

Probably like prototype aircraft, you need to be a specially trained test driver to operate it and no guarantee you'll make it back alive!
 Tony

Club RLD Wheel Protector & Sump Guard
Club 4x4 Info activated 

Post #174841113th Dec 2016 8:08 pm
ruggedpeak

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

[quote="RRSTDV8"]
Quote:

Love this quote:
Quote:

Lovely bit of understatement there 8)

That's why you don't want working door seals! Proper Land Rovers let water in to avoid this

Tony

Club RLD Wheel Protector & Sump Guard
Club 4x4 Info activated 

Post #174841713th Dec 2016 8:14 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I'll second that Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #174842513th Dec 2016 8:29 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

Not a bad review, bar the obvious JLR marketing claim (lie).......

The new car also gets JLR’s Ingenium 2.0-litre turbodiesel, which produces 237bhp and has a claimed average of 43.5mpg

Yeh right! If my DS with the Ingenium engine (albeit in a lower state of tune at 180bhp) can just about scrape 37mpg then I very much doubt the D5 average mpg will be anywhere close to that figure.
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #174842713th Dec 2016 8:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

ruggedpeak wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:
J77 wrote:
Prototypes aren't road legal, I think.

I saw one t'other week on the road. It had "prototype vehicle" stencilled on it too just to prove the point. Presumably there are insurance issues that limit who can drive them on the public road.

Probably like prototype aircraft, you need to be a specially trained test driver to operate it and no guarantee you'll make it back alive!

The chap driving it appeared to be going home from a pheasant shoot. Guessing a senior engineer.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #174844613th Dec 2016 9:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >