Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

Fault Code 0Ah Glow plug / Flame monitor short circuit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Skagg

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4
Fault Code 0Ah Glow plug / Flame monitor short circuit

I've been reading the FBH area of the forum for a number of evenings now trying to understand how they work & what might be wrong with mine.

Took it to a local indy a couple of weeks back & cleared a lockout & a load of fault codes, & hoped that was it. It's since transpired that it still not working.

Downloaded the Webasto WTT software, bought the diagnostic loom from the site & an 409.1 cable from that auction site.

I've now seen some forms of life from the FBH, but not much. It appears all the component parts function in some form according to the software.

When I try to fire it up in supplementary heating mode through the WTT software it results in three faults & a interlock2 state.

The first fault is 0Ah, glow plug / flame monitor short circuit. I beleive the next two are as a result of the first fault as they refer to interruptions which i guess is because the process stopped because of 0Ah.

Fault 2 is 88h Metering Interruption
Fault 3 is 8Bh Circulating pump interruption

My question is what does fault 1 0Ah glow plug / flame monitor short circuit mean in simple terms. Where should I begin to look next?

I don't believe the unit has run for some considerable time, so should I be thinking about stripping it down & declagging it?

Other than the gasket kit (LR004141) is there anything else I should have on hand to replace whilst it's in bits?

Any other suggestions to try before stripping it? I'm reading about carb cleaner but unsure if this is to be used once stripped or suggested to injected into the unit somehow?

Now I know it's not working i'm determined to get it going. a dog with a bone spring to mind Mr. Green
I also like the sound of adding the timing switch as a finishing touch once it's running too.

Any help / guidance appreciated Smile
Click image to enlarge

Post #173553317th Nov 2016 6:19 pm
Skagg

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

So an update to my earlier post.

I've removed & stripped the heater today. It was flooded with fuel & a bit of carbon build up. Cleaned it all up, & everything looks in order. Checked the glowplug & getting between 0.9 & 1 ohm of the multi meter which i understand is not great.

Put it all back together, same fault code. This all happens very early on in the. After a few seconds the fan starts at low speed followed buy the message glowing 11, then 12 then it says burn out 81, 82, registers a fault & begins the cooling process. At the end of the process it registers interlock 2.

As I've got limited knowledge i'm not sure if investing in a new glow plug at 70 quid will solve the problem or throw good money after bad. Perhaps i should just swap it out for a working one from the auction site?

Any suggestions?

Thanks Thumbs Up

Post #173944025th Nov 2016 1:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >