DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Roading & Green Laning

Advice new to green laning - Cumbria
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
flinty99

England 

Good choice Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 For details on the next Kielder Safari click visit the Kielder Safari website

Sold: HSE-G4, Tangiers Orange. (one of your 5 Discoverys a day)

Member of CFT 

Post #173396814th Nov 2016 8:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
1967jester

Location: Usually in the North East though I have been known to travel

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Just to add my tuppence, i've spent numerous days with both All Terrain Tours & Kielder 4x4 & enjoyed them immensely & have kept returning, through that i have built up valuable friendships, met some great people, seen some amazing 'off the beaten track' scenery & hidden gems, at the same time increasing my limited knowledge.
I've also had days out with other groups, some of which i'll never go near again. You're there to enjoy & with both ATT & Kielder you will.

After seeing some recent footage of a North West operator i'm glad i've managed to avoid them & what i would consider to be bad practice.
I see the ones rhyming with poo all the time when over at the cottage, the briefing i watched once was 'entertaining', i'll leave it at that.
 Paul.

06 Java Black HSE - gone
12 Baltic Blue HSE - gone
15 Fuji HSE Lux
Club Biscuits, mmmm nice!
Traxide/Luna hybrid & Yellow top
Some Prospeed bits
+ some other stuff
Club N.E.R.D.s. 

Post #173399414th Nov 2016 9:14 pm
suew

England 

flinty99 wrote:
Why not bring it up to Kielder for one of our 4x4 Safari's - a fundraising event for the local Mountain Rescue or look out for a tour by All Terrain Tours. They do green lane days across the north of England.

I would be interested in running a weekend trip with this as part of it. There are some great lanes around Alston for the other day.

Do you take groups?

Post #173401214th Nov 2016 9:44 pm
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I went out with "those who shall not be named" in The Lakes for my 1st ever green lane trip. While I had a good day I think some of the things we did was a bit too extreme for my first time. Think they only considered the cars capabilities rather than mine.
 D4 MY15 SE TECH
D3 gone but never forgotten. 

Post #173402214th Nov 2016 10:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
flinty99

England 

Yes take group bookings in fact we have the jeep club out with us soon and have even run forum events in the past.
 For details on the next Kielder Safari click visit the Kielder Safari website

Sold: HSE-G4, Tangiers Orange. (one of your 5 Discoverys a day)

Member of CFT 

Post #173402414th Nov 2016 10:10 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

suew wrote:
flinty99 wrote:
Why not bring it up to Kielder for one of our 4x4 Safari's - a fundraising event for the local Mountain Rescue or look out for a tour by All Terrain Tours. They do green lane days across the north of England.

I would be interested in running a weekend trip with this as part of it. There are some great lanes around Alston for the other day.

Do you take groups?

As the other Ian has already said yes we can take group bookings and there are some really good lanes around the Kielder and Hexham area as well as those around Alston Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #173404414th Nov 2016 10:36 pm
suew

England 

Sounds good, there is a ford upriver from Haydon Bridge which my lot chickened out of doing on the C2C they keep talking about going back to try it Very Happy

They will be on their own, I dont like deep fast water that much, especially when there is no obvious entry/exit point.

Post #173408114th Nov 2016 11:26 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

If it's one of the fords either end of Bardon Mill I would be very surprised if you can get across them, before the floods of last December they were impassible and there was a lot of landslides and erosion in that area since. Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #173409614th Nov 2016 11:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >